+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My BF leaves at 9.30PM and returns 7.30AM, Monday - Thursday nights.

How does all the other night duty family's cope with a new born?

We have a small house, so I am thinking that he may not get much sleep with a new born in the house?

Also, turning into 'day mode' for the weekends seems to be messing with him more then he likes to admit.

Any tips? I am really concerned about his health and state of mind when we have this baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dp leaves between 6-7 and home between 5-6 . Sat leaves same time home 3-5.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MsImpatient View Post
    My BF leaves at 9.30PM and returns 7.30AM, Monday - Thursday nights.

How does all the other night duty family's cope with a new born?

We have a small house, so I am thinking that he may not get much sleep with a new born in the house?

Also, turning into 'day mode' for the weekends seems to be messing with him more then he likes to admit.

Any tips? I am really concerned about his health and state of mind when we have this baby.
    We have 4 children and a bedroom door that doesn't close DH just has to make do sleeping through the noise, but if he struggles, a good set of earplugs helps!

*I can haz typos*

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lillynix For This Useful Post:

MsImpatient  (24-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DH leaves house 745am returns home between 4-5pm, no weekend work!

I work 3-11pm two times a week, kids take school bus to DH work those nights.

After reading this thread I am grateful for how lucky I have it - DH and I equally share morning routine and night routine if I'm not working.

How do you and your kids cope all the hours some of your DHs are away from the house?!

I would imagine some DHs are gone before kids up, home when they asleep or going to bed? Where's the time for quality time with you / the kids?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneDoe View Post
    DH leaves house 745am returns home between 4-5pm, no weekend work!

I work 3-11pm two times a week, kids take school bus to DH work those nights.

After reading this thread I am grateful for how lucky I have it - DH and I equally share morning routine and night routine if I'm not working.

How do you and your kids cope all the hours some of your DHs are away from the house?!

I would imagine some DHs are gone before kids up, home when they asleep or going to bed? Where's the time for quality time with you / the kids?
    DH is gone well before they wake up (well, before I wake up too!), and he gets home an hr and a half before they go to bed (they go to bed at 7.30pm), and he spends that time with them while they have their dinner and then they watch tv together and read some books in bed. He also spends all day Sunday with them as I usually go to the movies or shopping to have a bit of a break. He also has R & R every 4 weeks to make up for the Saturdays he works, so that is a full week at home and he puts them on and gets them off the school bus, he takes them to swimming, picks them up from dancing etc etc.

We get time together for a couple of hrs every evening, and then when he is on R & R and the kids are in school.

So I do the morning routine by myself, and generally try to have homework done and the kids eating dinner when DH gets home, and then he spends time with them while I cook our dinner, tidy, get ready for the next day etc.

This is much better then it has been in the past when he worked away Monday to Friday!
    Last edited by Pina Colada; 24-07-2012 at 13:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My DH works in the city, takes a bus and a train to get there.
    Leaves at 8am gets home at 7pm.
    He only gets to see DS1 for 30mins a day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dh leaves at 8:30 (sometimes earlier) and gets home around 9/10pm. He also works some Saturdays. Our goal is to have him home for dinner most nights by next year!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dh mainly works from home but goes into the office 1 day a week 7am-4pm

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dhs general hours are 10am-10pm, 5 days a week with Monday & Tuesday off.
    Sometimes he stays later, sometimes he goes in later. He is a chef, so it depends on what he's got on that day. But although he works long hours, it's nice to have him here in the mornings with our two boys.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AllYouNeedIsLove View Post
    As the title states, what days and hours does your DP work?
    Sorry to exclude working mummas, Im wanting to compare others in our situation?
    I wont say why until later as I don't want to sway the responses
    So I am curious OP! You said that you didnt want to say why you wanted responses until later....so its later and I am curious as to why you want to know

Dish it OP!

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to FluffyDucks For This Useful Post:

babylove81  (24-07-2012),Ffrenchknickers  (24-07-2012),grumpysmurf  (24-07-2012),Guest1234  (24-07-2012),Lillynix  (24-07-2012),LilPetal  (24-07-2012),Witwicky  (24-07-2012)