+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    What about a home cooked delivered service? Like this one https://www.gourmetdinnerservice.com.au/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    That looks good, expensive though maybe? We live in a little town miles from anywhere so I don't think we would have antying like that. Thanks though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not sure if your little town would qualify as a tourist destination, but what about an au pair? They could do some cooking and cleaning during the day and watch the kids after school etc.

I know a few people who have an au pair because their partner is FIFO and it works really well, and is relatively cheap.

They do stay with you though so not sure if that's an option.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    I can imagine! Have you got a cleaner?

I would think in a situation like yours some kind of nanny might be good? Wo can help with housework and food prep?

And this is how sad I am, I actually considered doing lite n easy to get the food delivered despite being a healthy weight. Lol.
    I looked at that too except they don't deliver here. When dd went gf it actually worked out cheaper than cooking gf for us both.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpybump View Post
    Not sure if your little town would qualify as a tourist destination, but what about an au pair? They could do some cooking and cleaning during the day and watch the kids after school etc.

I know a few people who have an au pair because their partner is FIFO and it works really well, and is relatively cheap.

They do stay with you though so not sure if that's an option.
    I don't think we are a tourist destination, heheh. There's a pub, and a post office and about 6 churches...oh and lots of horses and grass We don't have any space either (7 of us, 4 bedroom hous) but it does sound like a great option for those who can do it

Benji, haha on the lite n easy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Refresh View Post
    Yep, I will ask around at the pool once we reopen.

We do have some backpackers that come out this way so it could be a good option
    My sil lives in a small country town on the Murray. They give there nanny the weekend off, so she can go visit other places (bigger towns) or come down to Melbourne.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Happymum2 For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (23-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think we are a tourist destination, heheh. There's a pub, and a post office and about 6 churches...oh and lots of horses and grass We don't have any space either (7 of us, 4 bedroom hous) but it does sound like a great option for those who can do it

Benji, haha on the lite n easy.
    Haha u sound like the town i used to live in. Bell in QLD has about 5 churches and a population of like 100 haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know someone from Bell!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey. Depending on exactly what your needs are Im sure you could find a older teen, sahm or older person in your community who would be happy to work for you once or twice a week by cooking large quantities of snack foods (biscuits, cakes, cutting up veg sticks etc.) and making some fridge/freezer meals for you.
    I would think asking around or an an ad at the local shop/community centre would find you someone who was willing and able to do that.
    However if you need someone most days/a more professional set up (i.e cook, cleaner, nanny) then probably placing an actual job ad in the newspaper and doing interviews might be the way to go?
    Sorry if my suggestions are completely irrelevant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know someone from Bell!
    Haha its not me is it. is it someone that still lives there? i'd probably know them we were out there for a while and i'm married to a man that was born and bred there

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Tutu & Lulu For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (23-07-2012)