+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    Honestly, if you want something that will last, I'd go timber look vinyl planks. Check out the karndeen art select range. My in laws have this and it looks just like timber but easier to maintain and lasts longer. But to answer your question, blackbutt
    Doesn't last longer and isn't as hard wearing if you've got a professional doing your flooring properly.

I'd 100% go blackbutt, and as mentioned your choice of finnish can have a huge impact on the end result. But I like blackbutt.

It won't be THAT much a difference to go beech. And you can always have it refinished in another 5-10 years. Will be less expensive than relaying a whole new floor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Blackbutt hands down!

In the scheme of things $1000 isn't a HUGE amount extra in terms of building an entire house! I think you will regret it if you don't!

To the poster that said vinyl - no, no, no! It will never look as good as real timber!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mummykahla View Post
    Honestly, if you want something that will last, I'd go timber look vinyl planks. Check out the karndeen art select range. My in laws have this and it looks just like timber but easier to maintain and lasts longer. But to answer your question, blackbutt
    I loooooove the vinyl planks in part of my house. You can just drag furniture around and I'm yet to hurt it. I wanted it through the rest of my house but my family overruled me, said it looks right but doesn't feel right.

I ended up going with bamboo flooring in my extension and it was the biggest mistake I ever made! Scratched if you sneezed! Even the vacuum cleaner scratched it. And squeaked, soooo noisy. I ended up complaining and the store removed them and put down carpet. Nice quiet carpet

Savingfishfromdrowning is offline If you can't change your fate, change your attitude
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Those are two very different looking timbers! Personally I would choose blackbutt, but that's because I like the red tones.

If you want a blonde wood but prefer hardwood there are some other options available. I'm having a mental blank on the name at the moment, but we have honey-coloured boards in our house that are hardwood, because of the natural oils in them they are termite-proof.