+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't believe in children having heaps of toys so we buy 1 or 2 things for birthday and Christmas depending on what I think they'll like (and when they're older they'll be able to tell me) and usually end up spending between 100 - 200 dollars each time. Mostly on big things though.. for example, for Chrstimas my DD is getting a wooden kitchen, saucepans/kitchen set to go with it/apron, hat & Gloves and some play food for the cupboards - all up I think it was about 170. That's all she's getting.

We do spend quite a bit on their birthday party though.. Her birthday party usually costs me about $200 - $300 which includes hall hire, food, birthday cake, etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Dpends. One year she got a $20 trike, one year it was a $300 bookshelf, another year it was a $100 bike with trainer wheels, another year a $500 swing set, slide and flying fox play set. This year it's an $80 Lego set.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would say any where between $100 and $400. It does depend on what their interests at the time are. Spending that doesn't mean we have a crazy house full of toys although I'm sure some people think it would.

DD1 just had her birthday and she got 10 books, a toiletry bag with lip smackers and bubble baths, knickers and nighties, and a motorbike helmet...so about $350 and not a toy in sight. DD2 is turning 4 next month and she will be getting a spin art set, colouring books and crayolas, new paints and playdoh a rag doll and her ears pierced, so say $100.