+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    This year dd2 present have cost $250(on layby) and her party is going to cost around $100 doing a fairy party at home, my mums doing the cake and cupcakes so that keeps the cost down a little

Dd1 presents around $300 (on Xmas layby) and her party will be around $100-$120, she just wants a McDonald's party
    Last edited by bunkx; 23-07-2012 at 09:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have already done my Christmas and birthday shopping while the toy sales were on - and I spent around $250 maybe!?

However.. I'm now thinking I might give dd the toys during the year as she will want more advanced things to keep her entertained. She is 5 months

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ds is 2 in a month, his presents cost $120-$130.

At x-mas time DS2 will be also be born(although only about 7 weeks old!) and I have their x-mas layby on that cost $350 in total (the baby is probably only $60 of that) and I will spend about $100 on stocking fillers/lollies.

I would of spent less because he is spoilt rotten by all the family also, has heaps, and to be honest would be more interested in the boxes they came in but I took DH with me and he is a spender!

We dont often buy him toys throughout the year. At most he'll get $2 match box cars every now and again (wow, i sound mean!).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ds just turned 3, I spent $35 on a car garage And 300-400 on the party. (jumping castle hired)
    He gets so much from friends and family so I don't feel the need to buy lots of presents, and IMO the amount I spend on the parties is more than enough

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    For my 3yo we spent about 300. That included taking her to the zoo.
    For our 7yo we spent 250 on her presents and 110 on her party. She hasn't had a party where she invites friends since she was 2 though so I'm happy with that amount.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have our 4th baby due in September and have a 5yr old, 3yr old and 19 month old with birthdays in August, October and December.. So within 5 months we will have all their birthdays plus Christmas to pay for

We spend $200 each for birthdays and probably about the same on Christmas..

Birthday parties we normally do at home and I make the cake so it's only about $60, although this year dd1 wants a party at gymnastics so not sure how much that'll cost.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I *aim* to spend about $100, but often go over. I shop throughout the year and half the time I forget most of the stuff I've already got put away in the cupboard so if I see something else I'll buy it, then end up with too much. Her birthday is at the end of January though, so we spread her pressies over xmas/birthday. She gets 'presents' like books and playdough etc just whenever too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It depends on what they're into.
    DD1 turned 4 in May. She got undies, PJ's, a box of Lego, a couple of books and a "fairies in a jar" night light. All up her pressies cost less than $100, but I also took her for her first haircut ($25) and to have her ears pierced ($55) which was something I said she could do when she turned 4. So not exactly a birthday present, but age-related.
    I try and keep under $100 for birthdays.
    But for Christmas the kids will get a big present from us, and 5-6 things in their stockings.
    This year my DD's are getting scooters and DS will get a little tikes car, but next year since they'll be older we might get them a trampoline as a combined present.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Around 100-150 dollars for each child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Usually about $100 but depends what they need/want that year. We tend to make them wait til b'days/Christmas for those big ticket sorts of things. So they'll get a bike or scooter or that kind of thing. Except DD got an iPod last year which was more than $100.