+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Kids Birthdays, how much?

How much do you spend on yor child/children for their birthday? I don't buy any toys etc for my kids throughout the year only on birthdays and I'm just wondering what "the norm" is these days

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    It varies depending on what they want that year. I don't have a set amount. I spent $250 on my 2yr old DS's birthday last week but on my 4yr olds I spent $120 because the things he wanted were cheaper than what I got DS2

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dont have a set amount either. But I spend maybe $100?
    like the PP it depends on what I think will be used and loved

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have no set amount really. This year we have her a
    Polaroid- $100
    We also got her $100 worth of film
    Some Moshi stuff $30
    Its still a month away so will no doubt buy more

Thanks
    Reviews
    i have 4 kids all born around the same time of year,
    i have 2 DD's born in january, ds born in december and another dd born in feb
    i tend to spend more at christmas time on them and they get a ton of toys so we usually get them a only a couple of toys then some clothes and shoes etc.
    usually with us the norm is around $100-$150 depending on age and what they wanted.
    My daughter is getting an ipod for her birthday in january which will be pretty much all she gets cause of the price! will just buy her some shoes and a couple of shirts and thats it for her

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last year, I spent around $1000 on Xmas/Birthday pressies, but as it was first Xmas/Bday I *may* have gone a little overboard. I buy throughout the year, so I probably have almost enough for next Xmas/Birthday already, including a $300 jumping castle I've had in the cupboard since he was 3 months old That said, I always got heaps for Xmas and Birthday so my little man isn't likely to miss out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Depends on interests at the time. This year he had a party, picked a $50 toy and also got a fish tank with 4 fish for $140 i think i paid altogether for that. Thats for a 5yr old.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    My Dh constantly tells me to cut back, we only have the one child at the moment so i think that makes a diffrence. For birthdays (she has had 3) I spend about $500. I have been told this christmas i am only allowed to spend $300 in total, we have just bought a new house so I can see why. I just go overboard because I feel so guilty that she has no siblings so I make up for it in toys.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    It really varies as to what they are wanting/needing and their age. I don't have a set amount as my kids range from 1 to 12. Sometimes if we are spending alot on a special outing (like paying for 6 friends to go somewhere) THAT will be the present. Anywhere from $100 upwards I guess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Around $200 per child for presents