Closed Thread
Page 83 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi All,
    That ovulation thermometer is roughly around $20 and have been doing a little research and I think that is a goer. I didn't get to buy it yesterday as I had to pick up from the post office a parcel and it happened to be my OPK's. The ones I bought must be different to a lot of yours as I read the instructions and then tried one and a faint line came up and on the instructions that means negative. I am at cycle day 21 today so I am guessing I probably have o'd already this month. I don't think this was the month for me so guess just waiting for AF. I find these next 1-2 weeks the hardest as your not sure whether you have conceived or not. I was thinking of buying the thermometer so I can get used to what my temps are like before and after o I suppose. What do you guys think, or should I wait to get AF before buying one? My friend did give me her maybe baby but it never seems to work for me, whether I am doing it wrong or I just NEVER ovulate. This does make me scared as well but I think I just need to give my body time! I got told that I can't go to the doctors unless I have been trying for a year to see what is happening. Fingers crossed it happens before then!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default First Time TTC September 2012!

I'm pretty sure u can go doctors to get tests to c if u ovulate, I wouldnt think that they'd make u wait to find that out. I think it's only 12months if uv been trying (and ovulating) without success. Personally I would wait til AF cones to temp but up to u, if u start now u should see high temps and then a drop when AF comes.
    Last edited by ChannyV; 24-10-2012 at 09:37.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: First Time TTC September 2012!

Hi smash. Itd be best to buy your thermometer now so you have it all ready for the beginning of your cycle. The beginning of your cycle starts with the first day of AF, and this is reflected on the BBT chart. I use fertility friend and really like it, it's available on app and computer.

I think it was you asking also which method to take your temp. You can do vaginally, rectally and oral, as long as you keep the same method throughout. I do oral because the other two aren't all that appealing to me :P

You could start temping straight away, just to start getting the hang of it. FF will automatically start a new chart for you when you tell it AF has arrived.

I love charting, it makes me feel more in touch with my body and what is going on. Amazing especially after being on the pill for so many years, I love that my body is now allowed to do what it is supposed to!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

This might be a silly question... So with the BBT you just take your temp in the morning and write it down each day, and you look for temp spikes? Not exactly sure on the whole process...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Go to the website www.fertilityfriend.com they have great tutorials which explain everything 😊

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ChannyV For This Useful Post:

smash023  (25-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks will have a look later, have to go to the inlaws for tea. I couldn't get the app as my phone is too old

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

I went to my GP about my concern with all the negative OPKs. She has told me STOP using them because they are confusing and are not always reliable for everyone.

She said to use mucus as your main point and temps also.

She has given me a referral for blood tests to have on day 21 which will check my progesterone levels and LH to indicate if in fact i have ovulated this cycle.

She thinks 3 possibilities- 1. It was early, 2. It's going to be late, or 3. I did not ovulate.

I am praying it's not number 3. But thanks for the tip about nurofen because I wouldn't know that!

Ill find out next Tuesday, knowing things are working properly will be so reassuring!

Either way- i would be out this month, so I just have to hang around for AF AMA try again next month!

How is everyone going?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: First Time TTC September 2012!

Neo that's right channys right tho, the FF website is great. Just make sure you take your temp around the same time (within an hour or so) every morning, and very first thing before you do anything else!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jojo456 For This Useful Post:

smash023  (25-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Trail. Unfortunately I cant temp as I work shift work and never wake up at the same time every day. Sometimes its 5am, sometimes its 4.30pm sometimes its 11am or 10pm ..

My OPK's are ALWAYS negative. Grrr.

Im waiting on blood results, Due to work I can only get to the Dr this Friday.

I also am getting some wicked cramps. Yesterday I had a sharp stabbing lower groin / belly cramp as I got out of bed. This afternoon (im on night shift) I woke up and had approx 5 short sharp stabbing pains one after the other, enough to make me scream out.

Sigh, All fun and games these uterus's and ovaries.

Thanks
    Reviews

Been feeling exhausted and miserable this wk but now I'm watching magic mike and feeling much better 😜 lol