Closed Thread
Page 82 of 128 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default First Time TTC September 2012!

Yeah well it seems to be the thing to do, I thought maybe give this a go, then if no luck within a few months try taking temp!

Thanks
    Reviews

Smash and Neo - I check my temp the minute I wake up. Bought a special basal body thermometer from chemist warehouse and just throw it under my tongue.
    I enjoy doing it as I like to have some form of control on this whole process! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews

Are those thermometers dear to buy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

$20 I think

Thanks
    Reviews

Hello ladies, me and dh got married in september and starting ttc'ing a few days before, was hoping for a " honeymoon " baby but AF came and that was a little disappointing but oh well we are feeling pretty great about this month, been going to bed early and BD'ing every other night, took an opk this morning and it was a faint line so it should be on time, here's hoping!!

Good luck and baby dust to you all!!! Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews

Hey everyone what are your thoughts ttc but have a massive sinus infection should I be right to take over the counter tablets that I know work for me? Will that have an effect on anything?

Thanks
    Reviews

I would take them right up until ovulation personally. After that I would ride it out... But everyone's different.

Welcome armywife! Good luck in the next 2 weeks!

Thanks
    Reviews

Cool I ended up taking some made a world of difference! Going by my cycle dates I should ovulate about Friday or Saturday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im beginning to think I just simply do not ovulate. It really worries me.

Is there things that can be done ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Neo and Armywife!

Neo - stay away from antihistamines - they are designed to dry up mucus - this includes CM!! Also stay away from Ibuprofen (nurofen etc) as these will affect your ovulation - they can result in it being later than usual or even not at all). I learnt this the hard way! Basically everything I've read has advised that while TTC you need to basically 'act' like your pregnant, so don't take anything that you couldn't take if you were pregnant. Panadol is obviously safe in recommended doses. You should really speak to a Chemist or Doctor for medical advise regarding medications (sorry ShellT - I don't mean to come across rude or anything! x) I usually just ask a Chemist - they know sometimes more than a Doctor regarding medications. Be certain to tell them about any allergies AND that you are TTC.

MrsR - If I were you I'd speak with my doctor. They can run tests etc. Usually (depending on woman's age) they recommend TTC for at least 6months then seek assistance for fertility. How long have you been doing OPK's, temps and monitoring CM for? For example I tracked my temps for 8months prior to TTC so that I could get an understanding of my cycle. I have only just started using OPK's this month and so far am finding them helpful when used in conjunction with CM monitoring. Regardless, definitely pop in to see your doctor - there are LOTS of things that can be done to help such as medications to help improve ovulation etc xxx