Closed Thread
Page 67 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default First Time TTC September 2012!

Ahhhh it's so nice getting to know you all a little better!
    I'm a nurse, previously worked in Emergency, now work at a busy GP practice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just made my appointment for my scan, the earliest I could get was the 15th November! I hate all this waiting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,
    I am a Supervisor in the finance division for a manufacturing company.
    Boring office job compared to some of you.
    A few questions with the recent posts.
    So I am trying to understand the temps - beccagilmore pics of her temps, would you say she ovulated around 12/13th of the month then? That's the only one I can read clearly! So I should go and buy a normal therm (I am not going to spell that I might embarrass myself haha)??? Also what app are you guys using to monitor temps? Just thought I might try and monitor that so I can see what you guys are talking about!!!!
    Teeja, what are you getting a scan for, sorry I must of missed what you said?
    I have stopped reading things on the internet, stopped buying things, stopped reading my books and am just going to relax until next year!!!!!
    Is anyone in QLD?
    Last edited by smash023; 18-10-2012 at 08:11.

Thanks
    Reviews

Smash, I had some weird spotting a few days after I thought I ovulated. I'm also on my first cycle off the pill which I stopped at the beginning of August so coming up to 3 months and no period so my doctor just wants to get me checked out. I also had some blood tests done yesterday so I'll get the results back today.

I'm in VIC

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

We all have such different jobs great mix! I use fertility friend for temp tracking, I paid the $44for one yr subscription to website to use the extra features too but u can use the basic features incl temp tracking and charts for free

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ChannyV For This Useful Post:

smash023  (18-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My OPK update:

I started using the OPK's on Sunday. I purchased OvuPlan brand (about $22 for seven days). I decided based on previous months temps and the fact that I average 28 day cycles, to start testing on CD10 in the late afternoon around 5pm. (I've read that between 2pm and 8pm is best). My results thus far:

CD10 - faint test line = no LH surge detected (late afternoon test) CM thin and watery.

CD11 - faint test line = no LH surge detected (late afternoon test) CM thin and watery.

CD12 - strong test line = LH surge detected (late night test due to work) EWCM and a hell of a lot of it?! Actually it was more than I've ever experienced. We DTD 6hrs later. Im trusting the OvuPlan instructions that it tests the surge between 24 and 36 hours prior to ovulation - apparently 99% accurate so fingers crossed we DTD in time cos Im wondering if I ovulated the next day?

CD13 - strong test line = LH surge detected. We DTD again in the evening so that's twice during the first 24 hours of the detected LH surge. I was at Pilates tonight and had a few twinges in my tummy when I got home - I usually do from the sit up type exercises, but Im not sure if the twinges could be also related to ovulation cramps cos I've woken this morning CD14 feeling a tad bloated and slightly crampy..

Im not going to LH test again. AF is due around November 1st so we'll continue DTD every two days for the next few days while waiting out the dreaded TWW (Im being extra cautious!!) Im hoping we've covered all bases this month compared to last month - but I do recommend using OPK's. Its really helped me to feel more prepared at least!

Girls using the OPK's: I've read that there is always a presence of LH detected in urine which is what the light test line means. Don't mistake the light line for a positive! The LH surge is detected ONLY when the test line is exactly equal to, or much darker than the control line. My two positives were twice as dark as the control line so were definite detections of the LH surge. I've also read that the surge lasts for approximately 3 days in total but obviously you want to DTD on the first day it is detected (and keep DTD during that timeframe!) as that is the indication that ovulation is 24-36 hours away. I think its important to be really aware of our CM during this time too because that is when our bodies are telling us physically when we are most fertile - so monitor both! Im not doing my temps anymore (I got lazy) but obviously monitoring temps will definitely coincide with the OPK's and CM testing results. The only thing we can't monitor is IF we actually ovulate

Just so you all know, while we do hear a lot of couples bragging about getting pregnant quickly, I also know of a number of couples that took quite some time. One girl I know took 7 months for baby number 1, my sister in law took 12 YEARS for baby number 2 (she had a lot of health issues). Another girlfriend took 3 years on IVF; finally got her beautiful little girl, but unfortunately the stress took its toll and ended her marriage... I hope we can all fall pregnant nice and quick with healthy fabulous babies, but don't forget we have to self nurture too - stress can actually hinder us getting pregnant. Im thinking of starting yoga - its good for the body and soul. Its meant to be really good during pregnancy too. Have any of you gals given it a go?

By the way, Im a photographer!

Hoping you girls are doing ok and keeping spirits high!! Just don't forget your NOT alone - we are all in this together xxx

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to trailrunner For This Useful Post:

beccagilmore  (18-10-2012),ChannyV  (18-10-2012),smash023  (18-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think I've ovulated yet because I used the digital OPK yesterday and it was negative.

I think I might stick to the digital ones, the others seem a little confusing.

I am on cycle day 12 today so I'm going to try the OPK again tomorrow.

Do you ladies have anything exciting planned for the weekend?

Smash, I'm from QLD- I live in Brisbane (northside)!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by teeja View Post
    smash, i had some weird spotting a few days after i thought i ovulated. I'm also on my first cycle off the pill which i stopped at the beginning of august so coming up to 3 months and no period so my doctor just wants to get me checked out. I also had some blood tests done yesterday so i'll get the results back today.

I'm in vic

good luck teeja - i hope everything is alright (which no doubt it is) positive thoughts coming your way :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey All,
    beccagilmore - I am Brisbane (southside)
    I am currently in day 15 of my cycle and leave tomorrow for a girls weekend away. So hopefully we will fit a last attempt in before I get back on Monday and then try for a few more times when we get back. I am trying to relax now - it will happens when it happens. Easy to say - if it doesn't happen for me this month then when AF arrives I might buy a therm. a do my temps. My OPK's still haven't arrived so who knows when they will arrive.
    I won't be on this weekend so wont be able to check until next week - BABY DUST AND LUCK TO YOU ALL :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Ladies can we talk about vitamins? What are u all taking? I take this each morning: "2 blackmores pregnancy, 1 vitex, 1 evening primrose, 1 echinacea"