+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks for that, I must have been having a particularly bad day when I was looking it up as I just relooked and yup it's not there, I blame baby brain!! I think I was looking at one of the others and thought that was it :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shani2 View Post
    Thanks for that, I must have been having a particularly bad day when I was looking it up as I just relooked and yup it's not there, I blame baby brain!! I think I was looking at one of the others and thought that was it :/
    I'm really confued now.. I think I'm having a case of baby brain now too. What did you look up that wasn't there??

Thanks
    Reviews
    The maxi cosi mico capsule isn't on the crep test, I don't think, I'm paranoid now!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shani2 View Post
    The maxi cosi mico capsule isn't on the crep test, I don't think, I'm paranoid now!!
    I'm pretty sure it is? If you go into latest news, they only added it last month? I'm paranoid i'm looking at the wrong thing too now! lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    MAxi cosi is there
    Maxi-Cosi (IGC) Model# 80102183BS A1 35.1 65.6
    it is the mico. It is in the first section -RF to 6 months. 1 star protection, 3 for ease of use.

In the US you can get a chicco adaptor - not sure if that would fit our chicco capsule?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahhh I knew I found it somewhere but ppl made me paranoid, then I searched again and I found the RACV which had old results which it wasn't on. I'm sorry for being confusing, but as I thought, it scored lowest for protection so I'm still going to look into the peg perego.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You are correct - there are 5 new test result added to the CREPS website and Maxi Cosi Mico is on there and scored one star for safety (same as the Safe n Sound Unity) http://www.crep.com.au/news.php?p=107

As for the recall on the Maxi Cosi Titan: it is not a recall for safety reasons, but they were recalled by manufacturer to make them more user-friendly because it seems that the tether straps were fixed to the capsule and so you had to climb into the boot and undo the anchor clip everytime you wanted to remove the capsule from its base. They are supposed to be re-released in September. I have no idea if they will be compatible with the BJCS pram though. You would probably have to try this out in a store once they are released. The Maxi Cosi Titan is different to the Mico model. The Peg Peregos are an excellent capsule but are a lot bulkier and heavier.

Supposedly the reason there are no Maxi Cosi Micos in stores is because there is no stock available in Australia at present (perhaps they had the same strap problem that the Titan model did).
    Last edited by HouseOfFun; 24-07-2012 at 13:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    UPDATE: For anyone that's been following this thread.. It looks like the titan is being released in September with the fixed tethering issue.

http://www.igcdorel.com.au/cms-car-s...si-titian.phps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyaboutbubs View Post
    Does anyone know about this?
    I've tried researching it but can't find much information on why it was recalled.
    Hi the recall information is available from http://www.nhtsa.gov/CA/02-05-2010