+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Maxi Cosi Capsule Recall??

Does anyone know about this?

I really want to get a BJSC and use it as a travel system. Reading up on BH everyone has said the maxi cosi is the best capsule for it to team with. I wanted to get one second hand, but also see it in store so i can make sure i like it and how it works with the BJSC.

So i called 3 different baby shops yesterday, the first 2 just said it's not due to come into store until next year.. The last one told me it had been recalled and won't be back for a long time.

I've tried researching it but can't find much information on why it was recalled. And now i'm starting to think i'll need to choose the Safe n Sound or Peg Perego instead.

Can someone help me out??

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't heard about the recall but u can use safe n sound unity capsule with BJCS

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobsmamma View Post
    I haven't heard about the recall but u can use safe n sound unity capsule with BJCS
    Thanks. Yeah, i know the safe n sound n peg perego are also systems you can use with the BJSC. But i had heard the maxi was the best in terms of safety, weight and ease of putting in the stroller/car.

Do you have a safe n sound? Do you like it? I'd love to hear others recommendations of the 2 other capsules too. ( it just seems everyone else has the maxi! )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep we used unity capsule for DS2 as a newborn it was great. Very easy to get in and out of car and pram. I've heard some people say it didn't seem sturdy in the pram but I didn't have a problem. We used the pram as a double with my two boys. We still use it now with the two seats.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jacobsmamma For This Useful Post:

crazyaboutbubs  (22-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobsmamma View Post
    Yep we used unity capsule for DS2 as a newborn it was great. Very easy to get in and out of car and pram. I've heard some people say it didn't seem sturdy in the pram but I didn't have a problem. We used the pram as a double with my two boys. We still use it now with the two seats.
    Thanks! Will have to check it out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have been researching the maxi cosi mico to get for use with the stokke and was set on it until I read the crepp (?sp) results and it did the worst!! I'm spewing as I really liked the look of it but now I'm going to look at the peg perego.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Have a look at the CREP testing and the SafeNSound capsule is rated very poorly (the Unity) unfortunately. The BabyLove one is rated highly for safety, but we hired one and found it tricky to use. You can hire travel systems by the way. Don't just look at a capsule/pram because you like it as a travel system. The capsule only lasts for a short time for a lot of babies (4 months for my dd) and then you have a pram for years after that, so make sure you're happy with the pram too. Most prams (like the mountain buggy) have adapters for various capsules (but only the newer model MB's).

Thanks
    Reviews
    There was a June recall of Maxi Cosi Titan I believe. The recall on Maxi Cosi Mico was for models manufactured 1 May 2008 - April 2009.
    The SnS Unity did the worst out of those capsules in the CREPS (only one star). The Peg Perego is awkward to use on BJCS cos you need to use straps etc to secure it.
    The Maxi Cosi Mico is the easiest and safest out of the three you mention. The Maxi Cosi Mico didnt make it into the last CREPS results but given the amount of protection around the head and the fact there are newer models with air bags I would think it would do quite well on safety.
    Last edited by HouseOfFun; 22-07-2012 at 12:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shani2 View Post
    I have been researching the maxi cosi mico to get for use with the stokke and was set on it until I read the crepp (?sp) results and it did the worst!! I'm spewing as I really liked the look of it but now I'm going to look at the peg perego.
    It looks like the safest out of the CREP scores.. but i have heard it's not as easy to connect.

Quote Originally Posted by mim1 View Post
    Have a look at the CREP testing and the SafeNSound capsule is rated very poorly (the Unity) unfortunately. The BabyLove one is rated highly for safety, but we hired one and found it tricky to use. You can hire travel systems by the way. Don't just look at a capsule/pram because you like it as a travel system. The capsule only lasts for a short time for a lot of babies (4 months for my dd) and then you have a pram for years after that, so make sure you're happy with the pram too. Most prams (like the mountain buggy) have adapters for various capsules (but only the newer model MB's).
    I definatey love the BJCS - but only 3 capsules fit. I want to buy and then resell because I beleive I will get the best value for money this way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HouseOfFun View Post
    It's the Maxi Cosi Titan that has been recalled.
    The SnS Unity did the worst out of those capsules in the CREPS (only one star). The Peg Perego is awkward to use on BJCS cos you need to use straps etc to secure it.
    The Maxi Cosi is the easiest and safest out of the three you mention. The Maxi Cosi didnt make it into the last CREPS results but given the amount of protection around the head and the fact there are newer models with air bags I would think it would do quite well on safety.
    Thanks HouseOfFun, do you have any links about it being the Titan that has been recalled and not that mico??

They do have the Maxi Cosi listed on the CREP site - and it did poorly against the Peg Perego. I'm wondering now if it's the Titan listed on the site and not that Mico or and older model.. when I google the model number it doesn't tell me. Think I might need to call Maxi Cosi direct and sort this out.. why is this so hard?!