+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackEyedPea View Post
    Some of you seem to spend a heck of a lot on F&V.... we're not talking about groceries right, just straight up fruit and vegetables for one week. Are you buying out-of-season produce? from gourmet organic markets??

Well obviously it's only me and DS but I only buy F&V that's in season as it's cheaper - we eat veg and fruit every single day and it's cheap.... certainly a lot cheaper than packaged/frozen foods which I don't buy!

Even just one bottle of (decent) wine is more than I spend on F&V a week!
    i spend a fortune 150 easy a week. just f and v yep not groceries. not organic. some out of season. mostly just that its quantity. they eat heaps of it. but i like a variety and if the kids eat yes ill pay a bit more. i won't pay 7 punnet strawbs though can't afford it. i notice too our Veg seems dearer than some places? maybe that contributes?

Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    I fill a green bag of fruit and veg once a week at the market and that comes to between $10-$20, depending on what I get. If I go out on the weekend I could spend that on one cocktail, my poor deprived child!

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub
    a green bag full would last a day here lol.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    well DH and I don't really drink atm because we can't afford to... but that's the point - alcohol is expensive. Fruit and Veg isn't particularly expensive. So it's not really strange that people would spend more on Alcohol. I know prior to babies I would have spent more on alcohol for sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Our alcohol budget is $0. We pretty much never drink, so there's no way we spend more on fruit and veg. Plus we have 4 parrots to feed... they eat a LOT of veg (and a little bit of fruit)... so even if we did drink, it wouldn't be enough to overrun fruit/veg.

I do drink... but it's something we do so rarely we don't purchase it weekly. It might be a bottle of wine maybe 2-3 times a year...

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Not at all, neither of us buy alcohol and if we do its very very rare. DP had to throw out bundy cans as he had a case of them and when we checked the expirey it was expired from 2008.

So Veggies win in this house!