+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sadly, more on alcohol for us I do the weekly shop and spend probably about 50-60 on fruit and veg including frozen.
    DH is a big drinker, even with recently cutting back on alcohol he may spend double that amount.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DH buys a carton of beer about once a month, so i guess we spend $10/week on alcohol.
    I spend a lot more than that on fruit and veg. I love fruit and fresh veggies.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    No, not by a long shot. And my hubby likes a drink. I can't fathom how much alcohol you would actually need to buy to make it more expensive than fruit and veg?
    Not a lot.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

NancyBlackett  (23-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Drink alcohol only rarely (bfing).
    Off topic: have shopped @ Coles and Woolworths, also markets from time to time. Markets most certainly NOT cheaper.
    Different stuff perhaps, more local produce, not less $.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    absolutely not in my house. We buy alcohol when we go overseas. We have alcohol in the house that has been there for more than two years. I dont spend much on fruit and vegs, as there is only the two of us at home, but what I spend on alcohol would be zero.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely not. I spend a fortune on fruit and vege and rarely buy alcohol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep. Every week without fail.

DH buys a carton a week. He refuses to drink beer that isn't imported. So it's $45 a carton at the absolute cheapest. When I'm not pregnant or breastfeeding I tend to buy a bottle of wine a week and spend about $15 a bottle.

If we are going out somewhere or having a get together that amount would double. Easily. Don't even ask what I would spend on a girl's night out.

I spend about $40 a week on fruit and veg.

I really don't see the big deal? Some people buy alcohol. Some people get their hair done regularly. Some people go to the movies once a week. Some people buy their child a new toy every week. All of these things are probably more expensive than the weekly fruit and veg shop.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to grumpybump For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (23-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely not.

I'm a non drinker so never ever spend money on alcohol. DH drinks very rarely. I doubt he would spend more than about $30 on alcohol for a whole year. We buy a lot of fruit and vegetables each week.

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Nope. I'll buy a bottle of wine maybe once a month.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not usually. If we're having people over for dinner, then it's a lot more.

On a normal week we spend $50ish on fresh fruit and vege (including top ups). Add an extra $30 if we go to the markets and buy loads of finger limes and passionfruit. We eat and juice loads of vege. Also DD and I are addicted to pumpkin (at least 3 grey pumpkins a week). Some days we have pumpkin with every meal...

At most we spend $20 a week on alcohol (one bottle of wine or 3 ciders or a couple of drinks if we go out).