+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No way! I very rarely buy alcohol for me and drink at the very most a couple of standard drinks a month. Hubby drinks beer so any money we do spend is usually on a case. We spend quite a bit on fruit on veg as thats what we (read me) mainly eat

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I don't care which fruit and veg are in season. My kids eat it, so I buy it. I'd rather have a variety, and I don't spend money on alcohol anyway.

My weekly shopping would include potatoes, carrots, zucchini, onions, capsicum, rockmelon, apples, bananas, mandarins, grapes, tomatoes, lettuce, watermelon, snow peas, green beans, corn cobs, mushrooms, parsnip, sweet potato. That's standard. Occasionally I will buy strawberries, leek, pumpkin, celery, kiwi fruit.

I cook pretty much every night using fresh veg.
    This is the same as us - my DS who is 2 has had major issues with eating food -so when he wants blueberries, I but them, even at $7 a punnet x 4-5 punnets a week. Same with strawberries and the $4 I spent on a small piece of watermelon the other day.

I'd rather spend a fortune on fruit and veggies and it get eaten and enjoyed. When bananas were $13 a kg I still brought them - sure they were around $2-3 a banana but if I can spend that on a chocolate bar
    For me, I can spend it on a banana for my son.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

3. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

Laydeebugxxx  (23-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No I don't drink don't buy any. But buy fruit and veggie every week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Nope we spend way more on fruit and vegies. We prob buy a bottle of spirits and 3 bottles of $17 wine once a year not big drinkers at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    not in the house!!! DP and i dont drink unless its a special occasion ie birthday etc. and even then its only for a actual party not just a birthday. i think it would be easy to spend more on alcohol than fruit and veg though as alcohol costs more!! i cant see someone spending $70 on fruit and veg

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's a tough one because fruit and vege is cheap and alcohol can be expensive!!

We would spend about $50 a week on fruit/vege. But we would probably spend the same on alcohol (2 bottles of wine at $25 each).

Eta: we don't stick to the cheap fruit and vege - my kids love certain fruits so I buy them out of season as well!
    Last edited by Mum2EandR; 23-07-2012 at 11:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    For those who don't see how people can spend so much on fruit and veg..

We are vegans do that's 90% of our diet.

I brought 2 punnets of strawberries last week for $9 EACH!!! DD wanted them so I got them. Also organic costs a lot more then normal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are very occasional drinkers and rarely buy it. When we do 1 bottle of spirits each it lasts us for months/years

So definitely more on fruit and veg in this household

Thanks
    Reviews
    More on fruit and veg for us. We aren't big drinkers - probably spend $15 fortnight on average on alcohol but spend a lot more on fruit and veg- probably $60 fortnight or more

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Definitely more on F &V but there are 7 of us and fruit and veggies are the bulk of our diet. I could see how you could spend more on alcohol without being an alcoholic though, it is expensive.