+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We don't drink (my hubby has 2 beers on state of origin night that's it)

***Sent from my phone***

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by smileygirl View Post
    the point is that people are complaining about the prices of fruit/veg going up due to carbon tax etc and complaining they can't afford to healthily feed their family..
    Well then sunrise will never run out of stories because people will always complain... about everything!

Sheesh, my glass of wine of an eveing (most evenings after toddler is in bed) is my fave part of the day!

Do I really need it? No. but is it a problem? Not at all.

Alcohol isn't an issue, alcohol abuse is. Why should I feel bad about spending money on alcohol each week? We are still really healthy and eat very well in this house but it's only my toddler and me and so F&V doesn't cost much.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Baracuda For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (22-07-2012),tiggerfields  (22-07-2012),Witwicky  (22-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    far out can't believe how little some of you spend on fruit n veg! granted i do have four kids and a dh but i reckon i spend $20 a week on avocados alone. or 20 a week on apples alone.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

5. The Following User Says Thank You to grumpysmurf For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (23-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smileygirl View Post
    the point is that people are complaining about the prices of fruit/veg going up due to carbon tax etc and complaining they can't afford to healthily feed their family.

however. if the average fam spending more on alcohol than healthy food...it shows way out of whack priorities within our culture.

like people that cry poor and say can't afford school supplies etc but still always have enough for cigarettes and booze.

It's about making people snack out of their "i'm too poor for healthy food" mindset and have a reality check about what is more important.
    I don't think priorities are out of whack if people spend more on alcohol. It's cost related, that's all.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (22-07-2012),Witwicky  (22-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I'm going to look like a booze hag but oh well...

When I'm not pregnant or breastfeeding (which was 4.5 of the last almost 6 years) we buy DH a slab of beer weekly and myself a carton of cider fortnightly.
    That'd work out to be about $90 a fortnight, even if we do a big fruit and veg shop we wouldn't spend more than $70 a fortnight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpysmurf View Post
    far out can't believe how little some of you spend on fruit n veg! granted i do have four kids and a dh but i reckon i spend $20 a week on avocados alone. or 20 a week on apples alone.

$20 a week on apples!!! I got apples yesterday for $1.48kg, that worked out to be 16 apples for $2.96.

I mostly buy what's in season as its cheaper. I haven't bought avocado for months because they're $1.48 each.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 2girls1boyplus1 For This Useful Post:

tamute  (22-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    avocados are $2 each here. 1.48 would be really cheap here
    dd and dh will only eat pink ladies
    ds1 will only eat green apples.
    bought ten pink ladies last night cost me $8 $4 a kg
    prob use about 6 kg of various apples a week. but as i said they are fussy on which apples.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Same! We just bought a punnet of strawberries ,a punnet of cherry tomatoes , 2 cucumbers, a bag of baby spinach and 2 avocados and that was $24! We will have eaten the lot ( 2 adults 1 toddler) by tonight!

Thanks
    Reviews
    avocados are $2 each here. 1.48 would be really cheap here
    dd and dh will only eat pink ladies
    ds1 will only eat green apples.
    bought ten pink ladies last night cost me $8 $4 a kg
    prob use about 6 kg of various apples a week. but as i said they are fussy on which apples.
    Our avocados get up to about $2.70 but $1.48 is about normal.
    We usually stick to apples, bananas, pears and mandarine/oranges during the colder months, and if they are hungry they'll eat whichever ones are there... I do often peel dd1's apples so she doesn't know what colour they are ;-)

I wish I lived near my parents in bundaberg. They have so much good fruit and veg available cheaply near them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 2girls1boyplus1 View Post
    Our avocados get up to about $2.70 but $1.48 is about normal.
    We usually stick to apples, bananas, pears and mandarine/oranges during the colder months, and if they are hungry they'll eat whichever ones are there... I do often peel dd1's apples so she doesn't know what colour they are ;-)

I wish I lived near my parents in bundaberg. They have so much good fruit and veg available cheaply near them.
    peeling works on the little two lol but not dh dd (15) or even ds (9) haha i wish it did!

we buy all those plus heaps of veg and salad

Last edited by grumpysmurf; 22-07-2012 at 13:42.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to grumpysmurf For This Useful Post:

2girls1boyplus1  (23-07-2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast