+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Do you spend more on alcohol?

I was just watching a segment on sunrise that said the average Australian family spends more per week on alcohol than fruit and veg, I found that surprising! We don't drink at home ( unless we have s party) so DH may buy 1 or 2 beers a week if we go out - what about you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Money wise we would spend more on alchol but quanity wise we would have more fruit and veg in the house than alcohol hope that makes sense.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lil Bugs Mummy For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (22-07-2012),halloweendee  (22-07-2012),tamute  (22-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH might buy a carton of beer every few weeks to have a couple on the weekends and I'll buy a bottle of red wine for cooking every couple of months, so nope not us! But I'm not surprised, everyone else in our families would spend hundreds on alcohol each week. Such a waste of money.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow, I find that really surprising! Although I guess when i think avout it some people I know would buy a slab of pre mixed drinks each week for $70-80 which is more than they'd spend in fruit and veg.

We only really drink a lot if we have a function on like a wedding, birthday etc. the rest of the time the absolute most we would drink is a bottle of wine for me and maybe half a carton for hubby in a week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    no. i spend 30 a week on alcohol usually, for a carton of beer that dh and i drink together. spend a good 150 a week on fruit n veg .

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Hmm, I don't think so, but I can't say for sure. We may buy a bottle of vodka once every fortnight, but buy PLENTY of fruit and veg too.
    Thing is though that what you buy from the bottle shop could be more expensive than all the fruit and veg put together. We shop at spud shed for our fruit and veg so it's even more cheaper.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope, not us

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not me, I spend around $50 pf on fruit and veges and $50 once a year on alcohol

Thanks
    Reviews
    No way. We eat heaps of fruit and veg but only to odd bottle or wine or cider.

Soon we will spend more on booze though when our veg garden is set up

Thanks
    Reviews
    definately.

but hubby drinks belgian beer, and i drink wine ($20 bottle), margaritas or the odd cider.
    and all our fruit and veg comes from local co-op or gardens so is relatively cheap.