+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Trying to conceive after D&C

I miscarried in Dec and had D&C in January. My DH and I have been actively trying to conceive since. We have been using Ovulation kits every month so know our timing is right, but so far no BFP. It took 4 months to conceive DS and 3 months last time. Has anyone else experienced this following a D&C? Everyone assured me we would fall pregnant quickly after a D&C. So tired of feeling heavy hearted and disappointed each month

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sorry about your loss, its an awful thing to go through. I had a miscarriage in Aug 2010 (natural m/c, no D&C) and fell pregnant with DD about 3 months later. I'd had a D&C in April as part surgery for endo so it took about 3 months to fall pregnant after that with the pregnancy I lost.

I know it's disheartening - we've just started TTC #2 as well and I'm not looking forward to months and months of it. Hopefully it happens quicker this time, but I think the endo is back so I'd say I need another surgery.

I hope it happens ASAP for you - at least you've got a good history of conceiving pretty quickly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi there, I'm subscribing to this thread too. I had a missed m/c followed by a d&c around the same time. We've been trying too but no luck yet either.

Fingers crossed it happens for you soon.

I'll be interested in seeing others replies

Thanks
    Reviews
    I conceived DD and angelbub1 both 1st cycle trying so was shocked at how long it took to conceive after my D&C with angelbub1, then to have that pregnancy struggle from the start (bleeding/slow growth/slow rising levels), it's now been almost a year since my 1st loss. As angelbub2 was natural, and my cycles seem to be regular again, I am hoping it happens a lot faster this time and that bub sticks. But you're not alone, hopefully you will get your sticky bub soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Sorry to hear about your loss.

I had a D&C in late November 2011 after a missed miscarriage. My cycle length was very inconsistent afterwards which I found frustrating as I struggled to pinpoint ovulation. In our fourth cycle after the D&C we DTD every second day from CD7 to CD12 then we DTD everyday from CD 13 to CD15. DH loved it, I was just desperate to be pregnant. It worked and I'm now 21 weeks pregnant.

I really hope you fall soon, I totally understand the desire to be pregnant again. All the best ladies