+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maybenumber3 View Post
    I understand that, it would be terribly hard and I really feel for anyone in that situation but why can't the couple discuss both their needs ?
    Who says they haven't?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    no these ones have discussed but the man says..no ..no to cheating..no to touch..
    he could get help to bring touch back..but does not want too.
    the woman should just abstain.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishtyban View Post
    no these ones have discussed but the man says..no ..no to cheating..no to touch..
    Then that man, is a douche bag lol.

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to HugsBunny For This Useful Post:

86cin  (22-07-2012),AndrewTheEmu  (22-07-2012),cluckcluck  (21-07-2012),Eko  (23-07-2012),FindMyLunch  (23-07-2012),FiveInTheBed  (21-07-2012),Ishtyban  (21-07-2012),jagamoe  (03-05-2013),JaneDoe  (22-07-2012),LifeInShadesOfGrey  (23-07-2012),~ElectricPink~  (22-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunnyhugs View Post
    Who says they haven't?
    No one but going by the op original post I'd guess not, if the couple had discussed it, it wouldn't be cheating would it ??

I guess cheating to me is having a physical, mental or emotional relationship with someone besides your partner and if your partner found out about it would be upset about it iykwim.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cluckcluck For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (22-07-2012),Ishtyban  (21-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishtyban View Post
    Ok after that bit of information I've changed my mind, it makes the situation very hard, I don't know what I'd do or think in that situation tbh.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cluckcluck For This Useful Post:

Ishtyban  (21-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have said to my DP that if for whatever reason we are in a long term comitted relationship and I was no longer able to have sex, we would discuss other options for him. For me, sex doesnt make the relationship. If I was no longer able to because of physically not being able to, I would like to think I would give him a chance to sleep with someone else. Hookers and the likes. Not someone he will get emotionally attacted to ..... you know? lol

For the record, cheating is cheating.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm, If I am reading this right, I think in this situation, it is as bad or worse. If sex is taken out of the equation in a relationship, all of your intimacy is based in your sharing and trusting and your emotional connection. Looking outside your relationship for that intimacy, if that is not your arrangement, is cheating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have close intimate relationships with quite a few people. They are called friendships. Sometimes we need support and another perspective and shoulder to lean on. I'm not saying what she is doing is right, however I would much rather my husband send some emails etc than make love to another woman!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarylee View Post
    I have close intimate relationships with quite a few people. They are called friendships. Sometimes we need support and another perspective and shoulder to lean on. I'm not saying what she is doing is right, however I would much rather my husband send some emails etc than make love to another woman!
    Even cyber sex and 'more than friends' type conversations?
    I'd be MORE scared for my relationship if my DF had an emotional affair over a physical (unless of course it was an emotional affair that turned physical).

Basically if the person feels the need to hide it, then it's not ok. In the situation given by the OP I STILL wouldnt think it's ok to go outside of the relationship, UNLESS there was a mutual understanding/agreement. It's all well and good for the person who can't have sex to say no, BUT the person who wants to feel that touch, desire, intimacy, have that itch scratched, well they have needs too and their needs need to be considered too, or it will ruin a marriage just like an affair would.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I consider it cheating and wrong if the other person does not know what is going on. Like a pp said if I was unable to fill my husbands needs physically then I'd allow him to get sex from outside our marriage it's not cheating if it's openly talked about and agreed on. Op I think the guy in this situation is being very unrealistic when it comes to his wife. Not even trying to help get any kind of intimatcy back between them would be a deal breaker to me.