+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Anyone had laser eye surgery done?

Cant see a thing without my glasses so looking into it at the epworth, hopefully Ill be a successful candidate!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I've had mine done - quite a few years ago. Very happy I've had it done as my sight was very bad and now I can see without glasses at all. I have moments when I think it is not fantastic but I think everyone gets that and I relate it to being tired, dehydrated etc.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CookingMonster For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (21-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing as this is something I am thinking of as well. I wear contacts and can't see without them either!! I haven't looked into costs etc for it yet, what does it generally cost?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh interested!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'd love to but I'm WAY too scared.

DH is planning on getting it at se stage.

A friend of mine got it done 10 years ago and had to start wearing glasses 5 years later, no where near as strong but still...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I paid $2200 per eye but that was a few years ago. One thing to be sure of is making sure that the cost covers everything even if you need further surgery to complete the procedure. I ended up needing 3 surgeries on one of my eyes and this was covered by the initial cost luckily because it would have been very expensive otherwise.

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    DH had both eyes done in 2010 and it cost $5,500 in total. He wished he got it done earlier as he's gone from needing glasses to see anything to not needing glasses in any form.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Got mine done Dec last year and LOVE it!!! Yes, was told it may only last 7 years and then need 'reading' glasses or the like, but apparently you can go back and get it done a lot cheaper then. It cost me $4990 including initial consult to see whether I could get it done, and follow up appts. I now have 20/20 vision and love not having to wear contacts or glasses. The only restriction was that they wouldn't do it after you are 12 weeks pregnant.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Letoti For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (21-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelLexiesmum View Post
    Got mine done Dec last year and LOVE it!!! Yes, was told it may only last 7 years and then need 'reading' glasses or the like, but apparently you can go back and get it done a lot cheaper then. It cost me $4990 including initial consult to see whether I could get it done, and follow up appts. I now have 20/20 vision and love not having to wear contacts or glasses. The only restriction was that they wouldn't do it after you are 12 weeks pregnant.
    Wow!! May I ask what your vision was before? Do u know what your scripts were????

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had it done in 2006 best thing ever done was $2500 per eye. I had really bad vision now i am also 20/20. They do it while you're awake a little bit freaky and I don't scare easy. There was a smell like burning hair when the do it but they told me it was the laser machine. Didn't hurt at all though. When I sat up on the table I could see better straight away- not clearly but an instant improvement. Next morning it was amazing I had to sleep with my eyes covered when I got up I looked out the window and ran around the house looking at everything. Was well worth it