+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Elective C-section in Perth public hospitals

Hi Ladies,
    I'm looking to find out if any one has had an elective c-section in a Perth public hospital. If so which hospital and how did you find the process?
    TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

I had an emergency C-section with DS (2009)and then an elective C-section with DD (2011) at Kaleeya in East Fremantle.

The only issue I had was being firm that I definitely wanted an elective
    c-section with DD and after that they were fine and gave me a date. On the day and after the section though they couldn’t have been more helpful or supportive and I am now being booked in again for another c-section in December!

I hope that helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the helpful info

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, just wondering if you had any luck? I am also in Perth and due to a really traumatic first birth, am wanting an elective c-section. Also public. Saw the midwife today and got the whole story about how every birth is different etc. and how I should try for a natural birth - came home and fell apart!! If you have any luck getting them to go for a c-section, please let us know what you did and I will try it!
    Thanks heaps and good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will let you know how I go. I will only be down in Perth in Sept. But I can already tell you that the midwives are very negative once you raise this topic. I was not treated well when I mentioned it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Shelmadean For This Useful Post:

ayl  (31-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My best friend had a very traumatic first birth and did not want a natural labour with her second. She requested a c section. She had to go see shrinks and everything to get it too. But once they accepted it they were fine. That was at Osborne park.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks. Good to know - I'm at Osborne Park also, and keep getting fobbed off. Finally got an appointment with the pre-natal mental health nurse coming up, and looks like I will have to do the whole thing like that. Really don't feel like the fight and the process but just can't face the risk of having a birth anything like last time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ayl View Post
    Thanks. Good to know - I'm at Osborne Park also, and keep getting fobbed off. Finally got an appointment with the pre-natal mental health nurse coming up, and looks like I will have to do the whole thing like that. Really don't feel like the fight and the process but just can't face the risk of having a birth anything like last time.
    If you want it bad enough fight for it! My friend did and she got it. Her first birth was horribly traumatic she ended up with Pnd because of it. Her second with the Caesar was amazing she says.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just an update - saw a different doc at hospital today (rather than midwife) - he was brilliant! So nice and so respectful. Didn't have to fight for an elective - he listened to everything i had to say and was all for it. Didn't have to see anyone else. So nice to be listened to! So booked for a c-section - can stop freaking out so much! Hope it goes that well for eveyone else in that position

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great! Glad you got the result you wanted!