+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default unexplained bleeding during pregnancy...

I have been bleeding for the last 3 days (red and lots of it - like having a period) yet bub is fine. I also had bleeding for several days when i was around 4-5 weeks pregnant but i didn't know i was pregnant so thought it was a period.
    There doesn't appear to be any reason at all for my bleeding at all?
    It is quite stressful - anyone else been through this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Have u been for an ultrasound?

I had some red spotting with my last pregnancy, and they couldn't find a cause - my OB said it likely came from my cervix (an irritation or something) but she was just guessing. That little one is 22 months old in a couple days

This pregnancy I had red bleeding in week 11, heavy gush for a few hours, then was like a period for 3-4 days before turning to brown blood. I bled again at 14 weeks, red with clots that time. Ultrasounds showed I had a hematoma, so like a pool of blood caught between the placenta and uterus, and it was bleeding out. Bub was fine though, and I'm 22 weeks today..

There's nothing worse then not knowing the cause, I really feel for you. But just know u can have bleeding (I had it with moderate cramps too) and be all right...

Mod-SammiAnn is offline Administrator
    Winner 2010- The Most Helpful Member Award

Winner 2010- Member You'd Most Like To Meet IRL Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I never did with my three children but did with this bub. I've had on and off for a few hours at a time, three or four times in the first 20wks of this preg. No idea from any of the scans but at the 20wk one they said they placenta was just touching the cervix. At 12wks they made no mention of the placenta or anything that they could see so I have no idea why it happened but it scared me lots, especially after two MC and a MMC .

So, no advice but lots of sympathy. I truly hope you have a happy ending hun.

Sam

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yes, i have had an ultrasound. Bub was fine but there was so obvious cause for the bleeding.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, bled at 13 & 15 weeks this pregnancy. Very scary and stressful. They couldn't find any cause and i've just had my 20 wks scan last week and everything is looking 'perfect', so who knows?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had slight bleeding at 6 weeks with DS, then at 12/13 weeks I had very heavy red bleeding with clots. They never found the cause and DS was always ok in the ultrasounds. Hugs - it is very stressful

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mine was a massive gush at 14 weeks (heaps, running down my legs), then on and off until week 19, sometimes red, sometimes brown blood.

They did a heap of scans and never found anything so they assumed it was a damaged artery on my cervix. He said stressing about it was doing more harm than the actual bleeding itself.

Anyway, my DD is now 10 months and was 100% healthy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, I had unexplained bleeding on and off all the way through my pregnancy with DD1 (now 13yrs). It was so stressful, worrying about her all the time but she was fine. Everytime it happened my OB wanted me to try and take it easy and rest whenever possible but he couldn't find a reason for the bleeding.

I also had bleeding early on with my twins but that stopped.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a gush of red blood at 8 weeks, then 2 weeks of brown spotting when pregnant with DD. I had scans at 8, 10 and 12 weeks and although she was fine in all of them, I didn't stop worrying for ages after that. It's very stressful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies,

I'm 5w4d today. Sunday around 1am at night bled for the first time thought I mc. It was red blood, no cramps.

The light bleed continued to the morning but stopped by mid morning. The bleed only there when I wipe. It stopped for the rest of the day then started again around 10pm that night.

Bleeding continued to this morning (only there when I wipe) and stopped. I imagine the bleed will happen again tonight.

Called FN the first day after bleed and she advised to have a BT. BT came back high with HCG and progesterone, she didn't seem to think it's a problem and advised to have an early scan on Thursday.

So worried but have read others girls experiences. This is a nightmare.
    Last edited by Rachael3; 24-07-2012 at 15:37.