My name is Candice Loopstra and I am an Australian psychologist and researcher working with families and young children in the emergency department of a children's hospital (Queensland). I am currently doing my clinical psychology doctoral thesis on how parents of children under the age of 3 years, help their babies/toddlers cope with pain - including medical procedural pain and every-day bumps and falls. I'm also interested in what influences parents to use the strategies they use (e.g., parents' own experiences of pain with their parents, a child's temperament, how a parent manages their own responses to seeing their little one in pain etc.). I have compiled an online survey to look at these factors and so need parents (mums and dads) of children under the age of 3 years and 1 month to complete the survey. Parents are often not included in research as "experts" in paediatric pain. What parents have learned through many experiences of helping their child cope could inform how medical staff use parents in procedure rooms in hospitals and emergency departments, and also help support parents who have premature babies or babies with chronic medical conditions. The survey would take about 20 minutes to complete and parents would also have the chance to enter a draw to win 1 of 2 $100 iTunes vouchers. Have a look at my Facebook page for more info and links to recent media coverage about my research: Survey link can be found at: