+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I woke up and had this weird tightening cramp in my belly. I knew straight away it was labor and not BH. It was a completely different feeling for me.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Theophania For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (23-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was having a lie down after being out for dinner. I was getting back pain and it was bothering me. I realized after a while that it was coming and going - turned out to be the beginning of a 3 day labour - started at 8pm ish on Tuesday night - DD born on Friday at 6:45pm. Very different to what I imagined as it was posterior.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Was having bh for about a good 3 weeks and was off to bed one night and mentioned to DP that the BH felt a little different...sort of sharper. Woke at 3am for a wee, stood up and water dropped all over the floor! Had DD that day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahhh, starting figure how this works! You may feel pain or you may not, you may have cramps or you may not, nobody knows what they should feel like.....and by the time you know you are there is no doubt about it, it could be too late to get to hospital!....does that sum it all up?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zanne For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (23-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I never felt my bh. I had no warning signs labour was coming. Just woke in the night feeling a heavyness like i had to go to the loo. 10 mins later i had a stabbing pain in my back which quickly wrapped around to a cramping in the front. Took about 3 of these, each 10 mins apart before i realised i was actually in labour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Like mild twinges from about 12pm til 2:00am for about 30secs (the next morning) til they intensified and were centralised in my hips.

If I hadnt of had a show at 9:00pm, I probably wouldnt even have noticed the twingey feelings at all but once i had my show I was on contraction watch!!

*ETA:My BH felt nothing like my prelabour contractions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    All these stories are so different!

Thanks
    Reviews
    my forewaters broke (a constant trickle rather than a gush) and i thought i was peeing myself! no contractions for 10 hours then mild period pain which gradually increased in intensity for the next 16 hours until I had what were obvious painful contractions followed by the urgent need to run to the toilet

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanne View Post
    Ahhh, starting figure how this works! You may feel pain or you may not, you may have cramps or you may not, nobody knows what they should feel like.....and by the time you know you are there is no doubt about it, it could be too late to get to hospital!....does that sum it all up?
    sounds right to me having second bub and STILL no blo@dy idea!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I woke up at 4am from contractions. They weren't painful at that stage, just couldn't get back to sleep so I watched telly until DH woke up and I gave him the news that I was in early labour. They felt like period pain to me at that point and took a couple of hours to escalate enough to go to the hospital.
    Last edited by IvyRain; 18-05-2013 at 17:42.