+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Mine woke me up at 3am.. tight, very obvious pain that I'd describe as a cross between a cramp and a dull ache in both my lower back and lower belly. I started timing and they were coming every 15 minutes and lasting about 30 seconds. It was totally different to what I had previously felt with Braxton Hicks.. I knew it was the real deal because the pains were so consistent.
    I kept timing until around 8am, woke hubby, showered and was checked in to the hospital at 11am. My labour seemed slow to progress, I can't remember how long it took to really amp up but I gave birth at 2:47am the next day; so, from the time I started feeling the first contractions to the time i actually had him, it was almost exactly 24 hours, but my hospital records state that the official "true" labour only lasted for 7 hours.
    Hope this helps

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post

DS2, very full on contractions started just a minute or so after waters broke...he was born in 20 minutes.
    Wow! So, considering I only have a week to go, this means that it's possible that in 20 minutes I could have my baby in my arms!!
    LOL
    So, one minute I'm sitting here watching Sex And The City and typing away on bubhub, the next, nursing my daughter???

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (18-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Great thread - subbing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The day before DD was born (labor started just before 1 am), I anti-nested. I was hoping for nesting to kick in so I would get an overwhelming desire to clean and organize but that just didn't happen. Instead, I just had the urge to do absolutely nothing that day. I lounged around on the couch, napping with DS and reading a book. I didn't have any Braxton Hicks or anything that day, before going to bed that night I told DH that I was going to be pregant forever.

I think my body was just resting up, getting ready for that night.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to amyy For This Useful Post:

Starfish30  (21-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know everyone says its like period pains but I didn't think that at all.
    I woke at about 7am after a friend had stayed the night and at 7:30 I started getting these little cramps but they felt nothing like period pains or Braxton hicks and they were all over my belly, they were very mild for about 6 hours and not uncomfortable. I also noticed a bloody show which I had never had before. Then at about 3pm they started to hurt and DS was born at 9:10pm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My waters broke a while before contractions started. When they did start it was all in my lower back, nothing like BH. More like someone pounding a hammer into my spine! DD was posterior so I didn't get any of those period cramp style contractions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I woke up early one morning bleeding so we went into hospital and I was monitored. I was having contractions (I had no idea!), but they just felt like strong braxton hicks contractions. It wasn't until my waters were broken that they changed - the pain was very low and they felt just like strong period pain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Niknak0013 View Post
    I had really bad back pain! It also felt like I really had to go number 2! Really bad lower tummy pains. I would jump up and run to the bathroom and sit and wait. Nothing. Go back and lie in bed to sleep. Just as I was dosing off it would happen again, and again, an again. I ended up having a shower to try and help the back pain. It helped. So I jumped back into bed and it all happened again! Including the shower part. This went on from 4am - 7:30am when my nan said "right, get dressed. We are going to the hospital!" if it wasn't for her, I would have still been at home until lunch time! I had no idea I was in labour! (first time!) got to the hospital at 8:30 and Bubs popped out at 9:53pm :-)
    Omg! Ive been getting pain like that, where I've thought I was needing to do number2s I've been having them
    Over the last few days since Wednesday. I've had them twice this morning in space of half hr. Will keep a eye on it now i know I'm not the only one, I thought it was just the start of a tummy bug.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Euphoria4 View Post
    Wow! So, considering I only have a week to go, this means that it's possible that in 20 minutes I could have my baby in my arms!!
    LOL
    So, one minute I'm sitting here watching Sex And The City and typing away on bubhub, the next, nursing my daughter???
    it's freaky when you put it that way!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummytopeanut View Post
    Omg! Ive been getting pain like that, where I've thought I was needing to do number2s I've been having them
    Over the last few days since Wednesday. I've had them twice this morning in space of half hr. Will keep a eye on it now i know I'm not the only one, I thought it was just the start of a tummy bug.
    How are you doing now? Is bubs on the way?