+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Smile How did labour start for you?

Before it was in full swing and you had regular contractions...what happened? What did it feel like? Did labour contractions feel like BH where they stronger or different all together?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    At first I thought it was just stronger BH so yeah, quite similar at first. They gradually got more uncomfortable, not really painful though for the first 10 or so hours. Just kind of like a dull crampy feeling in what felt like the lower half of my uterus, if that makes sense. It's hard to explain!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Were they regular? Almost lime period pains...maybe?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Extremely mild twinges lasting 30 seconds coming every 5 minutes.

This went on from 5pm - 2 am when the pains reved up

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had really bad back pain! It also felt like I really had to go number 2! Really bad lower tummy pains. I would jump up and run to the bathroom and sit and wait. Nothing. Go back and lie in bed to sleep. Just as I was dosing off it would happen again, and again, an again. I ended up having a shower to try and help the back pain. It helped. So I jumped back into bed and it all happened again! Including the shower part. This went on from 4am - 7:30am when my nan said "right, get dressed. We are going to the hospital!" if it wasn't for her, I would have still been at home until lunch time! I had no idea I was in labour! (first time!) got to the hospital at 8:30 and Bubs popped out at 9:53pm :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Mine felt nothing like braxton hicks at first. It was more like a centralised pain but I couldn't feel the tightening until later

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I was in pre labour for at least 2 weeks with DD, just lots of painless braxton hicks contractions, not uncomfortable at all. Then on the day she was born the contractions started at 2 - 3 minutes apart, and she was born just 3 hours after the first contraction.

I felt so normal before those contractions started that I was at the shops around the corner from home, caught completely by surprise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mild cramp for about 4 hours which I thought nothing of at the time. No braxton hicks or anything- contractions were really mild at first but ramped up really quickly.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My waters broke prior to any contractions, both times.

With DS1, contractions start 15 mins later and came hard and fast. He was born 6ish hours later.

DS2, very full on contractions started just a minute or so after waters broke...he was born in 20 minutes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanne View Post
    Were they regular? Almost lime period pains...maybe?
    It wasn't like period pain for me. The pain/discomfort wasn't that low. At first I didn't pay attention to how regular it was as I figured it was probably a bit of pre-labour. It started at about 10pm and I went to bed, woke at 2am as they were getting uncomfortable (but not exactly painful, just tightening sort of feeling) and started timing, 5-7 min apart. They slowly got more frequent from there but it was a long labour - 30+ hrs including 17 hours of very strong and painful contractions 2mins apart!