+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    The woman/girl should have thought of that before having sex with an underage male.
    As did the boy know he was having sex with an underage girl?

If my son as a teen got a girl pg, he would be getting a casual job after school or weekends. She is taking responsibility and is missing out on a lot of things. Even if he's only paying for some nappies and wipes a week (we all know a 16 yo wage is shocking). It's the principle. No son of mine will be shirking responsibility for his child. He lay down and made a baby, he needs to deal with it.
    Last edited by delirium; 21-07-2012 at 17:19.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

beebs  (21-07-2012),Benji  (22-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    With the drugs issue, we all know they are addictive and tear peoples and their families lives apart. So I don't think that can even be used as an excuse, they need to be held accountable for doing drugs in the first place.

I mean, they describe one of the side effects of taking ice is to feel like there is millions of tiny bugs crawling under your skin, and so the person just picks and picks and picks. Why would anyone ever try ice? It doesn't sound fun - it sounds like having the chickenpox but way worse.

So - if drugs lead to someone doing something awful - then I think they are just as much to blame as anyone else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    With the drugs issue, we all know they are addictive and tear peoples and their families lives apart. So I don't think that can even be used as an excuse, they need to be held accountable for doing drugs in the first place.
    Even that, I believe it variable though. What about kids wh get hooked on drugs from the age of 13, 12, 11, even younger?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I think actions coming from drug use should be owned. But as I said earlier, they are not an excuse but maybe an explanation why some do what they do.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (21-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think so too. I just don't think it is as black and white as 'you know it's bad for you so don't try it" I don't think that applies. I too think it is a reason, not necessarily an excuse. I also think someone under the influence of drugs or affected by long term drug use is completely likely to show full remorse and be rehabilitated. I'm probably going off track here. I just think there are so many variables. I really hesistate to put an age on anything.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (21-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Well I teach 8 year olds, and they know it's wrong to steal. I have so many kids telling me all the time that someone has stolen something

When I taught year 5/6 (10 & 11 year olds) they certainly knew stealing was wrong. We had money going missing from teachers' purses, and nobody owned up to it, even though we knew who it was.

I think around 16 for murder, but I do believe people under that age with no psychological problems would understand it's wrong to kill someone.

Both parties are responsible for pregnancy. Nobody should be relying on the other person's word when it comes to contraception. Unless there is an intellectual disability, I believe it is both male and female responsibility to prevent unwanted pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Then I would say where were the parents in that situation, how is an 11 year old able to access drugs??

Quote Originally Posted by Refresh View Post
    Even that, I believe it variable though. What about kids wh get hooked on drugs from the age of 13, 12, 11, even younger?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Then I would say where were the parents in that situation, how is an 11 year old able to access drugs??
    Absolutely. I know plenty who do though and even younger It's so sad. I don't know, definitely at that age the parents should be accountable yeah? But then if they get hooked from age nine then commit crimes at age 17? I just don't know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Even if that were to happen, there comes a time when you need to be accountable, even if you had the worst upbringing ever. I understand that with severe addiction to alcohol only about 3% will get well and not drink anymore, so it is by far the minority, but I still don't think it is a good enough excuse. "woe is me, I killed someone, but I am an alcoholic".

Quote Originally Posted by Refresh View Post
    Absolutely. I know plenty who do though and even younger It's so sad. I don't know, definitely at that age the parents should be accountable yeah? But then if they get hooked from age nine then commit crimes at age 17? I just don't know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by smileygirl View Post

Vicpark...do you honestly believe that a single parent lives a life of luxery because their "ex" pays child support?? Seriously? Also, it is much easier for the boy to carry on and go to school...if they have not got custody of the child...the girl needs to find childcare, the girl needs to keep going on sleepless nights, the girl needs to find ways to study around the baby. It is def not an equal field at all!! That said, yes, she needs to take responsibility...but she is also a child!
    No I don't seriously believe that... I was just using over-exaggeration to prove a point: that a girl can not expect an under 18 boy to be the primary means of supporting her/a bubba.

I agree it's harder for the girl. And, I'm probably going to get shot for this, that's why parents of girls need to work doubly harder to ensure their kids know about and practice safe sex... Responsibilty for this ultimately falls on the baby carrier.