+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just before dd's 2nd birthday we did up her big girl room. We kept the nursery as is and she moved into the spare room. We purchased a double for the exact reasons you stated and when she is sick I sleep with her. It's easier to read her books before bed too. We bought a good quality mattress and frame so hopefully the bed will last until she is a young adult.

We are using a side rail from aldi. Best purchase ever. I feel much better knowing the rail is on. The other side is against the wall.

Day sleeps are easy, absolutely no issues there. Night times are harder. We still haven't taken down the cot about 2 months later and she does muck around most nights asks to go into the cot, then back in her big bed, back into the cot. It's frustrating but I think that's more to do with the cot still being up than her disliking the new bed iykwim?
    Last edited by nicole83; 20-07-2012 at 20:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'll also add that when people ask about dd's room and I tell them it's a double bed they sometimes act weird. Kinda shocked like as if it's a status thing "Ohhhh lucky girl she has a double?!" but for us it was more about making my/hubby's life easier by ensuring we all get the best nights sleep, especially when she is unwell. DD had grommets put in recently so I suppose we were more accustomed to her waking during the night in pain than most families.