+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Tips & tricks on getting 2 year old to eat?

Hi everyone, I have a 24 month old non eater! She has never been a big eater but its starting to worry me. She has only put on 1 kilo in the past 12 months, shes currently 9.3-9.6 kilos and still in 00's. I know babys bigger then her! I am very petite and she was born a IUGR bub so she is always going to be tiny but its more what/how much she eats i'd like advice on.
    For example today Ive offered her vegimite toast, crackers, yoghurt, banana & mango puree baby food, and chopped up strawberrys and kiwi fruit. She licked some of the vegimite off the toast, had two mouthfulls of the puree and didnt touch the rest. Yesterday was even worse, it was just a lick of brekky.

Any help would be appreciated! Even some tricks and things i can make that might be more appealing. She likes cheese and sausages, and thats about it...ha!

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Wiwy,
    Westmead Children's Hospital has some fact sheets in their parents section. In the food fact sheets they have one about managing toddler meal times and another one about healthy eating for toddlers. You might find some tips there...?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 2yo is a good eater, but I have been threading cut and peeled apples onto brightly coloured straws and find she will eat almost a whole apple, simply because of the novelty of how it is presented! Pinterest is especially good for creative ways to present food to kids. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi, I hear you, my 3 and a half year old has always been a picky eater!

What helped us was getting her to help prepare the food. She loves helping with all the cooking and the grocery shopping - we get her to smell the herbs, pick the fruit etc. We also grow our own veggies which she loves the novelty of planting, watching them grow then picking and eating them.
    For things like fruit I came up with the trick of "chocolate dust" (cinnamon ) lol, it worked for us though. I'd slice some apples and banana and she'd sprinkle some chocolate dust on top (just a little bit) and thought it was the greatest.
    I'll serve her saladas with cucumber eyes, sultana noses, tomato mouths and spiky sliced carrot hair. This trick has a 50% success rate. lol
    Agree with a PP that pinterest has great ideas for kid's food. Good luck. My DD is still picky but is getting a little better as she gets older.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Does she like picking things off your plate or do you offer what you are eating and do you eat together? I find they always want what you have!