+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Elective Caesarean Section experience?

Hi

I'd like to hear about your elective caesarean section experiences. The things I am thinking about are, what did it feel like to have the epidural/spinal inserted? What kind of pain is involved with that, is there pressure? What did that feel like for you? How long does it take to come info effect?

Did you feel sick during the procedure due to the anaesthetic? I'm aware that it mucks with your bodys temperature regulation but I hear it has made a few people feel ill?

How long does it take for them to stitch you up before you're taken to recovery?

What are your recovery like?

I will be a first timer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mine was 2 years ago now so can't remember everything.

The local in my back was the worst part, but that only stung for a couple of seconds....just like a normal injection. Epi was uncomfortable but over pretty quickly.

I did get sick, the meds made my blood pressure sky rocket and gave me a headache and vomiting. Told the anesthesiologist and he sorted it out very quickly! So if you feel off, speak up!

No idea how long it took to stitch me up, was too busy holding my baby and having photos ect!

Recovery was fine, I bf dd for the first time then after the took her to be weighed ect with dh and I had a nap! Dd and dh met me in my room 40 mins later

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaliyahsmummy View Post
    Mine was 2 years ago now so can't remember everything.

The local in my back was the worst part, but that only stung for a couple of seconds....just like a normal injection. Epi was uncomfortable but over pretty quickly.

I did get sick, the meds made my blood pressure sky rocket and gave me a headache and vomiting. Told the anesthesiologist and he sorted it out very quickly! So if you feel off, speak up!

No idea how long it took to stitch me up, was too busy holding my baby and having photos ect!

Recovery was fine, I bf dd for the first time then after the took her to be weighed ect with dh and I had a nap! Dd and dh met me in my room 40 mins later
    Were you able to BF straight away with a c-sect? That's my biggest worry because I heard it takes a few days for milk to arrive?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    it takes a few days for milk to come in whether it is a vaginal birth or a c section. Before the milk comes in, you make colustrum, and this is all baby needs until the milk cmes in.

check out the info at the ABA https://www.breastfeeding.asn.au/bf-...aesarean-birth

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubbles10 For This Useful Post:

peoniesarepretty  (31-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi
    Im having a twin- c-section monday, last one was awful, but im putting it down to a bad experience.
    Has anyone got a positive story???
    Mostly worried about spinal block! can i use emla???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by grace2012 View Post
    Hi
    Im having a twin- c-section monday, last one was awful, but im putting it down to a bad experience.
    Has anyone got a positive story???
    Mostly worried about spinal block! can i use emla???
    Hi grace how come you're worried about the spinal block?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've had a spinal and it really wasn't bad at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The only problem I had with my back was it was itchy from the tape. I was bf that night but my dd was in special care nursery. Otherwise I would have done it sooner. At my hospital you can hand express colostrum before the operation and freeze it then bring it to the hospital in case there is a problem.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Interesting... subscribing for future reference.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Hi there. I had an 'elective' csec as bub was breech.

I have to say it was an awesome experience. I was nervous about the spinal too but I had a really good anaethesist who talked with me beforehand. The first needle (to numb the area) I felt a little prick, then some 'awkward pulling ticklish pressure''. They told me to sit down and i said I would after I had the spinal. The doctor said I'd already had the spinal!

It took about 2 minutes before i was fully numb from the boobs down. It felt really weird when i lost he ability to wiggle my toes... Started to freak a little as i was thinking about it too much. So i stopped thinking and was fine. I never felt sickZ

It was about another 5 minutes of stuffing around (catheter etc) before the cutting started then another (guessing here) 7 minutes before bub came out and went to the table to receive oxygen. The nurses took photos with my camera and showed me. It was only another 5 minutes before bub was in my arms (with hubby's help). A total of prob 20-30 minutes to stitch me and move into recovery. I was in recovery for 2 hours with hubby and bubba. The midwives helped me breastfeed.

I kept on top with the pain meds (even though i wasn't feeling much pain, just a little stiff). Had a pretty good recovery, no pain and hubby doing all the cooking and cleaning!

Good luck!