+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I just want to clarify that the sleep group I went to was not sleep school, it was a two hour meeting with other parents and a nurse. We watched a video (Safe Sleep Space) and discussed tips to help our babies settle and sleep.

I also cut down one of DS's feeds overnight, but only after 6 months. He was waking three times a night which, for me, was too much. For three nights I would cuddle him to sleep for the middle of the night wake up instead of feeding him. On the fourth night he didn't wake for that feed.

3.5 months is too young to do something like this, but if you find you are still having trouble once they are older, it's just an idea that helped me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have twins. But I work on the view that babies wake in the night for a reason. DD (8.5 mo) can sleep through night but also can wake for a feed. Each night is different. Babies are there not to control but to comfort. They are only so little for so short a time. It is hard, but do what feels right to you. Remember, they are little humans.

Thanks
    Reviews
    mumma of twins...what i do now at 6months is if they wake I put in the dummy, give a quick pat and walk away..if they go back to sleep great but if they keep waking I feed them. Works out as only one feed a night. At 3 months from memory they were feeding 1-2 times a night..I would go by their cues on whether they were hungry or not. Would try the dummy but only once before feeding and would always give milk not water. I am not sure what others do but at that age if one woke I always woke the other and fed them..mainly to save some sanity and get more sleep. Now at 6 months I feed them when they wake only which funnily enough still seems to be fairly close to each other. Try not to stress too much about them not sleeping through the night as you will only put extra pressure on yourself..they will do that when they are ready to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 18 month old still doesn't sleep through . Your little ones have yet to go through teething or it maybe starting and that can last a long time. Also they maybe a bit cold at the moment. I think kids sleep through when they are ready and although it's tough for us ( yawn) they will get there . My 3.5 year old has only mastered sleeping through for the last year but even then he has phases of waking . The joys of parenthood hey ?

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    my sister found that if she had her girls in her room, sharing a cot, they slept better. she also would 'dream feed' the other twin, when one woke for a feed, and eventually they slept better, as they werent hungry all night.
    i believe that they learn in their own time, and that every child is different.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to trishalishous For This Useful Post:

86cin  (22-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 3yo still doesnt sleep.throgh the night but our 3month old sleeps from.630-3-4ish. Then goes back.down til 7ish. Each child is different and we have to remember that sleepong.through is classified as anything more than 5hrs at a time.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    try making them skip a nap or two. will automatically fix their routine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My 18 month old has a cold and is waking overnight again. It's pretty normal though. Thing is no one truly sleeps through, we all have periods of wakefulness but they are so short that we don't remember "re-settling" ourselves. Many adults still have a drink of water, go to the toilet etc. At the moment my 18mo wakes and can't resettle because he's congested, but even still my daughter who just recently turned 3 woke a few nights ago and couldn't find her comfort item so called out to me to find it.

Babies sleeping through before 6 months are incredibly rare and you're doing all the right things. Keep feeding those bubs and one day they'll either sleep through or move out of home

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 6 month old wakes anywhere from 3 to 6 times overnight. Has never slept through. He has had 5 nights where he only woke once. The first time he was 2 months. The next 2 times he was 3 months and the next 2 times he was 5 months. Up 4 times last night. If you find a miracle solution, mumma of twins, then please let me know! Good luck. And congratulations on your twins

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI mumoftwins

I hate to tell you but my 18 mth old twins are still not sleeping through consistently. My DS had about 3 weeks just recently where, for the first time ever, he would sleep from 7pm to 5am. But then he started daycare and has been unwell and now he wakes any where after 2am, and will scream for an hour and half. My DD has never looked close to sleeping through...she wakes around 9pm, midnight, 2am and then is restless from 4am. It is exhausting, and sleep chronic deprivation is the absolute pits. It sucks the excitement and enjoyment out of everything.

The only thing that has worked it that I feel better in the mornings is to co-sleep. Also, I also have a sleep during the day when they do. I don't have other children so I'm able to do this. Also, I did whatever it took to get them back to sleep quickly.....feed, cuddle, bottle......whatever works.

The reality is is that disturbed sleep may go on for a while I'm afraid.