+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Three and a half month old twins won't sleep through the night.

I have found other topics similar but none that are the same.

My oh and I have three and half month old twins (boy and a girl) and they still aren't sleeping through. The girl is up about 2 or so times a night, ranging from midnight to about six in the morning (that's the time gap she wakes twice in). The boy on the other hand is up usually every three hours or so. We've had only one night where they have slept until five-thirty in the morning.

I know that twins can take a while to sleep through, but the broken sleep and lack of sleep is starting to wear on us. Not only that but my oh goes back to work end of next week and he will no longer be able to help during the night.

Any advice/suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't have an answer as my 10 month old still wakes 3 hrly overnight! 3 months is very young to be sleeping through! 😊

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leoness79 For This Useful Post:

elleandsam  (03-08-2012),mrswhitehouse  (22-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I agree with pp. 3 months is still young. My 7 month old still wakes over night.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pawzette For This Useful Post:

mrswhitehouse  (22-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS is 6 months and still wakes 3-4 hourly. I don't know of many 3 month olds that sleep through. That's very young.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ES2010 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    This may be a growth spurt if it seems 'out of the norm' for them.

Where do they sleep?

I would suggest having them in your room and, as tiring as it is dealing with each babe as they need you, alternating them when they wake.

I know some people prefer routine and 'syncing' - but it never worked for us.
    I would get up to who ever woke feed and change and settle them next to me, Then swap when the other woke.

This may not be for you though.

I DO recommend accepting help from friends or family - or even ASKING for it during the day so you can rest...even if it is to help with house work or grocery shopping, or to dangle a toy infront of a wriggly baby while you get 40minutes shut eye.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to FiveInTheBed For This Useful Post:

leoness79  (20-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    3 months is sooooooo young, very few babies are sleeping through at this age...

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissSookyLaLa For This Useful Post:

breakthemould  (21-07-2012),mrswhitehouse  (22-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Are they in the same room? Same cot?

I ended up separating mine, one of them would sleep through - the other screamed all night. It took quite awhile for the one who cried a lot to get into the routine of sleeping, but at least my other boy got some sleep, and there is no way I would have been able to get them to sleep through the night together, they were just constantly waking each other up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have 6 month boy/girl twins and I hate to tell you that the little girl has slept through twice and the little boy once and that has been only in the last 2 weeks. They are in two different rooms but doesnt make a difference yet. The little girl normally only wakes the once and the little boy can be up to 4times in the night...both only get fed once through the night though. To be honest I wouldnt stress too much about it at the moment and just catch some zzz's during the day when they sleep if you can

14. The Following User Says Thank You to lineyb73 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My 2yo and 1yo have both never slept through.

I think it's unrealistic to expect them to at 3.5 months old, if they do, then you're very fortunate, if not, then that's not abnormal.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (20-07-2012),mrswhitehouse  (22-07-2012)

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    honey im not sure what people told you before you had children but its pretty normal to go the first year with out much sleep at all, it sucks but its true xxx

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nowhere For This Useful Post:

elleandsam  (03-08-2012),Laksa  (20-07-2012),mrswhitehouse  (22-07-2012),Ulysses  (20-07-2012)