+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My bub was like that all pregnancy and then turned right before labour and then turned back to posterior again in the car on the way to the hospital during labour. I ended up with syntocinon to move things along, vacuum to turn him during pushing and then forceps delivery. He was 4.2kgs and 38.5 cm head and the cord was around his neck. I'm not trying to scare you, everything was fine, I guess my point is the little buggers can just turn last minute and throw all the plans out the window!

Make sure you rest up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Cheeky little monkey! How handy would that home ultrasound be... :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If you can't quite feel the big kicks or movements then bub is facing in so anterior positioning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Whatever bub was earlier, it is posterior again now. Maybe never changed, or somehow changed back without me realising. I did some intensive position changing activity today, with lots of movement from the babe. But STILL posterior. I think maybe the head is far enough in that baby is finding it difficult to shift position, because it moves and twists so much that I think surely it has moved. Only to find it in the same position.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you looked at www.spinningbabies.com????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mapalesa, yes, thank you. I have been referring to spinning babies.

Hello Mum2one99, thanks for the info. I had a bit of a revelation last night, I won't go into detail. The bottom line is I am not going to actively do the 'positioning' today, although I'll continue to NOT recline and sit with knees below hips etc. My body needs to rest anyway. Quite weary from it. I know baby will likely turn with contractions so I'll just trust God, my Dr and midwife/ves, and wait and see what happens tomorrow all the while listening to my body (and brain) re: labouring positions.

My strong feelings about trying to turn baby before the induction was because if my cervix is the same as it was last tuesday (posterior, but thin and I have no reason to believe it will not be posterior still, considering baby hasn't moved any lower), when the Dr was not happy to rupture membranes like that, then how will he go about it tomorrow? So he may start me on syntocinon first to get contractions started to move baby so it can apply pressure to the cervix once in the correct position.

I've often heard women say their babies turned during transition or in full active labour at least, but I don't think that can happen with me. Baby can't get far enough in. Big baby I think. That's what they're saying anyway. This is why I assume that despite having many painful contractions at the start of the week, I didn't go into full labour. Need that pressure on the cervix to get it all moving along.

Anyway, it's still not an issue if the syntocinon produces strong enough contractions to do the job of turning baby.

The problem is, in this small country town, the hospital doesn't own a mobile CTG. So I feared being strapped to the bed with that horrible machine and not being able to move much. Two problems with that... 1. can't mitigate pain/work with body to withstand the onslaught and 2. can't move to help baby turn. I asked the Dr about this last point and he understands the problem and said we could remove machine for small amounts of time so I could move around in order to help baby turn. But they won't leave it off for long, and I understand why and I wouldn't want it to be anyway in case baby was getting distressed and we wouldn't know.

The other thing about syntocinon is... an epidural is more likely (especially for whimpy me! and because it could be longer labour due to baby's position anyway). But an epidural will not help baby turn so if I'm going to need an epi before baby turns (even if it does turn, with an epi laying on your back there's a chance it could turn back around anyway), then I will probably just say 'give me the c-section'.

If I sound worried, I'm not. I have just thought through all the posibilities I can think of so I'm not taken by surprise this time and can make informed decisions. If I didn't have to consider my 3rd degree tear problem things might be a little less complicated but oh well. Should be an interesting day or two, whatever happens.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to wish you the best!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My baby was in exactly the same position - ROP & skewed off a bit too. I did everything I could to turn her - and she turned - but on the day ROP was where she wanted to be I guess. I birthed her without intervention or any drugs. She was just a normal sized baby though, 3.44kg & I wasn't induced.

Good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you both. Only thing of note is that the last two days the midwife has gotten the heart beat from the left side, not the right. But I know the feet/knees are still facing forward. So if baby did change position it was from ROP to LOP. Perhaps (seems like the long way to go about things, baby... but whatever). Not worried anyway. Just chilling until the big day tomorrow.