+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Yes I am happy. I love my hubby and my 6 kids. I am grateful that I got to live the life i wanted. I didn't want to have a career or be a important person out there in the world. I wanted to here at home raising my beautiful kids. I am blessed. Of Course there are a few things i regret like allowing my weigh to get out of control and not having wls much ealier, but all in all, I am happy.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Pina Colada  (20-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am content with my life.

Sometimes I am happy,sometimes I am not but it averages out to being content with my choices and where I am at.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm normally pretty happy. I'm feeling a bit stressed about a few life events at this very moment but I would still say I'm happy.

I'm glad to be single, have two beautiful boys a great career a new exciting job on the side. Life is pretty sweet.

I'm certainly happier now than I was married

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd love to say yes but IVF and male infertility means that true happiness hasn't reached me yet

But, I try to be thankful for all I do have because losing a friend last year and remembering him makes me thankful I'm alive..

2 unsuccessful IVF cycles and currently starting our frozen cycle means that sometimes my heart hurts too much to feel truly happy..

But hope, because at the end of the day, it's the only thing I've got that stops me crying myself to sleep every night, well it keeps me living for the moments..

Would I change things? I'd change the crap relationships so that DH and I would have met earlier, because at 29 years of age, I always thought I'd nearly have 2 beautiful babies by now, instead I have 3 angels who weren't ready to meet us yet.. Praying that one of 4 & 5 are..

Big hugs to the IVF ladies.. It's a hard and emotional journey xoxo

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wastingtime View Post
    I'm 30 next year, and so lots of my friends on FB who I met at school are in the same boat as me and their posts are pretty depressing about their thoughts on turning 30.....things like their life isn't what they thought it would be, or how there's so many things they still want to do etc.
    this is eactly where I am right now! Im wishing that Id done things differently, like party more and not marry so young (though Im very happy in my marriage and glad we worked hard and are secure)
    I think its more that I miss the spontaneity of my youth, as well as the fact that every day is the 'same' and I find that its bed time and I feel like Ive achieved nothing. I think working again will help there though, so Im going back next year, 1 day a week.
    DH is keen for me to take a position which would involve 12 weeks (2 6 weeks periods) away from home each year, but I dont know if its a good idea (especially since I plan to bf full term again, which wouldnt happen
    if I worked away)
    I guess my plan is to get fit again (I really miss my prebaby body) and focus on family and part time work for the next 2 years, maybe spend the time away (the job will possibly still be there for me) and then decide on more kids, or keeping things the same.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Honestly I wouldn't be 21 or 18 again if you paid me. And I'm only 24. that time is a like a big ugly blur to me now. I'm happy every single day when I think about how far my life has come. Occasionally I miss the freedom of not being attached. Attached to a man and kids. But I didn't do anything wise or good with my life before kids. Yes I'm happy enough.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by trishalishous View Post
    this is eactly where I am right now! Im wishing that Id done things differently, like party more and not marry so young (though Im very happy in my marriage and glad we worked hard and are secure)
    I think its more that I miss the spontaneity of my youth, as well as the fact that every day is the 'same' and I find that its bed time and I feel like Ive achieved nothing. I think working again will help there though, so Im going back next year, 1 day a week.
    DH is keen for me to take a position which would involve 12 weeks (2 6 weeks periods) away from home each year, but I dont know if its a good idea (especially since I plan to bf full term again, which wouldnt happen
    if I worked away)
    I guess my plan is to get fit again (I really miss my prebaby body) and focus on family and part time work for the next 2 years, maybe spend the time away (the job will possibly still be there for me) and then decide on more kids, or keeping things the same.
    I get that. I was a SAHM for 7 years (stopped working early pregnancy with my first because it wasn't safe to work where I did when pregnant) and then started to go a bit mental and had intentions of going back to work. Then I found out I was pregnant (huge surprise) with our third and I was so upset many times during the pregnancy that I had to put 'my life' on hold far longer than I wanted to. But now, those years have past and I am doing what I was dreaming about doing 3 years ago and even though at times it felt like groundhog day every day I wouldn't change it for the world. Putting my life on hold means I got an extra child to love and enjoy, and I was also lucky enough that I could just put my life on hold and spend those early years with my kids.
    I love this new chapter of my life...it's a great balance between enjoying my family and getting to do things for me. Even though saying I was at home for 7 years seems likes a long time, it really went by so quickly and I don't remember the boring days, I just remember the fun times and I'm so thankful that I get to have those memories.

Having a plan is definitely important and I'm guessing you're pregnant again but there's nothing to stop you from working on your fitness when you are home with your children so you can get one thing happening and feel a bit more like you again. Being fit and healthy was the one thing that I kept for me to do when at home with my kids all the time. I needed something so I didn't feel like I had lost myself completely.
    I guess the difference between some of my friends and me is that because they can't do something at the exact time they wanted to they believe their time has passed and they can no longer do it. My thoughts are different...if I want to do something badly enough I'll do it, no matter how old I am! And if I truly just can't do it, then I was never meant to do it anyway. If I was going to die tomorrow I would be sad for the things I would miss out on, but I would not be sad about what I didn't get to do in the life I already lived. I'm happy and content with what I have achieved.
    Anyway...I'm rambling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like to think that I made the best decisions I could with the information I had at the time. And I think I have been mostly true to myself in my decision-making, which I am proud of.

Sometimes I wish we had decided to ttc earlier, now that I know how long it has taken. But I don't think we were really ready any earlier, so I try not to regret this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trishalishous View Post
    with your life choices?
    Im currently sorting through my things from 12 years ago, and looking at pictures of my thin, younger self, who had just started out in the world, is making me nostalgic.
    Id love to go back and relive those years, as much as I love my children.
    I miss the potential and the choices, the fact that I could do anything.
    Now I have 3 extra lives to consider, I cant drop everything and take a holiday. I cant suddenly move back interstate.
    Does anyone else feel like this?
    I love that DH and I get to travel whenever we want. We just booked our 16 day USA/Canada trip which will be amazing! We can leave the house at the drop of a hat. We go to bed when we want. We get up when we want. We have no committments and nothing holding us back .. BUT .. I would give it all up in a heartbeat to just have our own baby in my arms ..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I Like my life, I have a good career, a wonderful husband and we are doing well financially. I would love it if my husband and I were only say 5 years apart instead of 15, but I have pretty much made my peace with it, sometimes you just can't help what your heart loves and we have the absolute best relationship so I'm very blessed.

I would have liked to not got through IVF and I would love for my mum not to suffer severe depression, but I think those things make me appreciate the things u have. I have tried really hard to always be happy, I suppose I don't want to end up the same way as my mum, so I try to understand myself very well and make sure I do things that are good for my well being....set goals, travel, have lots if great friends, always be learning and treat people how you would like to be treated.