+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes I am. Some days I think I'm not, but those days are rare. Mostly I just think how utterly lucky I am.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I am. Life hasn't been all rosy and we've had some very hard times that saw us lose everything we had worked so hard for and given up a lot of our free days before children to have but when I look back on my life I just remember the positive times.
    I really wouldn't change any part of my life and I am very excited to see what the next decade will bring.
    I'm 30 next year, and so lots of my friends on FB who I met at school are in the same boat as me and their posts are pretty depressing about their thoughts on turning 30.....things like their life isn't what they thought it would be, or how there's so many things they still want to do etc. I am really happy with what I did in my 20's and look at my 30's as the next, exciting chapter of my life. No my 20's didn't run exactly how I thought it would...I wasn't planning on starting a family until I was 28 and then I had my first at 22 but my 20's rocked overall. Life isn't meant to go to plan, so you embrace your life as it is, focus on the positive and anything you think you missed out on, well it's either something you can still do or you were never supposed to do it anyway.
    I know, I sound crazy and I do have my 'life is crap' days but I hate them days and do my best to get rid of the negativity quickly. Life is short, enjoy it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    yeah im pretty happy. im not the sort of person who thinks about regrets or what might have been though. if i was doing my life over id def change some things. i guess im not someone who ever really had huge dreams anyway so I've kinda always felt happy just.plodding along.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post
    Oh Annabella, I am doing an arts degree right now and I will get a good job out of it
    hahaha, I hope so!!! I'm sure I could get a good job really if I wanted to but it's so much more fun to just keep studying lol! But seriously arts degrees are the bomb, I'm so glad I did it, even though it took me 10 yrs to finish and $20k HECS debt later (changed degrees a few times in there!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yup i'm happy. Of course there are a few things i wish i had done differently though i guess.

I always wanted to work in a field where i felt like i was making a bit of a difference and i work in threatened species doing environmental stuff which i love. I had plenty of time in my 20's to do the funky share house thing, travel, throw parties and had a fabulous life. I'm really happy with my DF, we're planning our wedding, have the house and the dog and cat. I've got a wonderful group of friends, many from years ago so we've got so many memories together. I really treasure having so many close friends. My DF and I do a bit of travelling, had lots of lovely and memorable trips around Australia. Had a fabulous 3 month trip through europe a few years ago. We've both worked hard so are in a very comfortable financial position, we don't want for anything in that sense. The only real tough thing is that my partner is infertile, so IVF is mega tough. I wish so much sometimes that we didn't have to do it. We've had two near misses, and i regret not having the normal experience of making a child the old fashioned way and not having to have a zillion tests, injections and drugs. I'm sure it will be worth it in the end, DP will be a wonderful father.

Regrets, hmmm i wish i'd dome some postgrad study at uni, wish i'd done a year of study abroad. I always wanted to study medicine, maybe i'll still do that.

As a couple of other familiar faces have said, if i could change one thing, it would be that my partner was not infertile. We'd love to have 3 or 4 kids, and it's just not going to happen, so i know i'll regret not having the big family i always wanted.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Im absolutely happy right now. Like many others have said, if I had my time over I may do some things differently, but thats not going to happen so no real point in making it an issue.
    Think of it this way OP, 12 years from now you'll look back at this you and probably wonder what happened, so enjoy your life now! Its never too late to make good memories to look back on in the future.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm happy but I think it's because...well I like myself now, I feel comfortable in my own skin.

I've done so much and have so much more to do.

Yes I am happy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Honestly right now is the best time of my life, I have two wonderful kids, katelyn is still tiny and she will be my last baby so I'm trying to hold on to every minute with her. Relationship is good. Finances aren't terrible. Life is good.

But I keep having waves of "I don't want to do it anymore". I don't even know what I want to escape from or too but they are bad enough I have ended up locking myself in the bathroom having mild anxiety attacks a couple of time. Or just feeling really disconnected and down. But 95% of the time I feel happy and normal. I blame hormones. I will me mentioning it to my gp next week when I take katelyn for 4 month needles.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    i am the happiest i have been since i was about 15 years old. and next year i turn 40

when i was 21 was the darkest time of my life, and i remember wishing wishing wishing i could just close my eyes, wake up and 'poof' i'd be 40 and happy.

it was hard and took quite a few years but each year got better and better. yes, i've made some bad choices but i don't regret them. i look at what i learnt from that experience and know that it was one of the stepping stones to where i am today.

i am married to my gorgeous best friend, we have 2 healthy, happy kids. hubby enjoys his job and we live in the bush paradise that we both wanted. we are financially secure and there is honestly nothing, nothing i would change.

i often wonder if it is because of being through such bad times, it makes me truly appreciate the good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm happy but not completely happy.

I'm extremely glad I waited as long as I did before settling down, getting married and having a kid. DH wanted to have a baby earlier than I did and I said no. It might sound terrible but I think that was one of the best decisions I have ever made, just to not let him talk me into having a baby before I felt 'ready' to! I wanted to enjoy just one more year of freedom in the sense of being kid-free and selfishly focusing entirely on myself. I really made the most of my career, nights out, travel etc during that last year too - knowing I would not get a chance again for a long time, if ever!

As much as I enjoy being at home with DS, I feel like something's missing. I'm not completely myself anymore. Potentially I will go back to work part-time and get to regain a bit of the 'old' me. Hopefully this will make me happier.
    Last edited by bitterpure; 19-07-2012 at 22:22.