+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I haven't always made the best choices. But as a pp stated, it's made me who I am today & brought me to where I am today and I'm pretty happy with both of those. The things that I really wish I could change were completely out of my hands.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes and no. Some things I am so glad I did, other things not so much. I wish I'd known my own mind and had more faith in myself when I was younger - I think I might have made some different decisions, especially around study and career path, but there's no telling whether they would have been better or worse. It's impossible to know!

I think overall I'm happy, but I'm a restless person and am constantly needing a challenge or a change.

So maybe happy, but not content. Does that make sense?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    Yes, I think I am.

Even now, we're going through a horrible time (long time TTC/ IVF and had a miscarriage yesterday), but I still feel grateful for all the wonderful people in my life, and the path we have taken.

I wouldn't change anything, except for not having fertility problems!
    I'm so sorry Lots of hugs to you. xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Up and down. Happy mostly but life gets in the way and it's easy to get bogged down. I wouldn't trade my little family for anything but I do regret not taking advantage of all my earlier opportunities. Study etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes and no. I did a pointless degree at uni that never got me a job, but I met DH's brother through it and ten years later DH made the choice to friend me on fb even though we didn't know each other.

I've dated some guys that I wasn't suited to, but I learnt a lot about myself and what is important to me.

I did a Grad. Dip. Ed. Early Childhood which led to the worst job I've ever done (childcare), but at least I have a good idea now of preschooler development which will be handy when I've got my own kids.

I've gotten myself into fairly bad debt, but I have a DH who is happy to pay off my loans rather then insisting I do it slowly through working a crap-paying job or something.

I didn't get married or have kids in my mid-twenties like I would have liked, but I got to go on an awesome holiday to UK, Europe and Egypt for 2 and a half months when I was 27, which is an experience I would never trade in.

Bad choices have still led me to where I am today, and generally I am pretty happy with where I am today.

However, if I'd studied Human Biology or something at uni like I should have, instead of doing a stupid BA, who knows where I'd be now? Yes, I do wonder sometimes, and occasionally I wish I could have my time again. I know that I could be much much more than I am, in life experience, education, even maybe a good career (instead of being a housewife!) etc. But if I'd done things differently, I wouldn't be with DH, and knowing that he'd be alone or with someone else just doesn't sit right.

ETA: Oh, and I agree with you GirlX, if I could change anything about my life it would be to make DH fertile.
    Last edited by Sariele; 19-07-2012 at 19:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Yep I am. I mean no one is happy every moment of their lives. The kids (and DH haha) drives me nuts sometimes. There are moments when I wish I could work a day a week just to get some adult company. I wish I was back to a size 6....

But then I think nah. I love my kids, I love my husband. I don't regret giving up my career to be at home. I was too skinny back then anyway from the stress of my job.

Overall I love my life and most of the time I like me.... although I want my perfect perky boobies back

7. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (19-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep sure am. The ivf thing sucks so does my job at times but still feel happy, love my husband love my son, love my dog.

My world is generally a pretty lovely place to be!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post

Even now, we're going through a horrible time (long time TTC/ IVF and had a miscarriage yesterday),
    sorry to hear that, seems a lot of us here lately have been having losses

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yes, extremely. I loved traveling and partying and shopping whenever I felt like it. But for now I'm staying put, living frugally, slowing down. It's lovely. And it won't be forever- we will travel again, and have the house to ourselves again one day. I think having small children is such a huge influence on our lives, but such a small blip in terms of time. Soon enough they'll be at school, and I'll be back to full time work. Soon enough they'll be teenagers and won't need babysitters, so I'll be able to just go out with the girls after work on a whim. And soon enough they'll be adults and gone, so i am treasuring every moment while they still let me kiss them.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have to be honest,no. Because of my past I have really struggled. Everything has been a struggle and really my life is just a shell of what could have been. I often wonder when is it going to be my turn, to find love and settle down....

I love my son more than anything but if I had my time again would a be a single parent again. No. Because its so hard.

I do have happy moments though.