+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default are you truly happy?

with your life choices?
    Im currently sorting through my things from 12 years ago, and looking at pictures of my thin, younger self, who had just started out in the world, is making me nostalgic.
    Id love to go back and relive those years, as much as I love my children.
    I miss the potential and the choices, the fact that I could do anything.
    Now I have 3 extra lives to consider, I cant drop everything and take a holiday. I cant suddenly move back interstate.
    Does anyone else feel like this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    It's strange - I often feel no, I'm not always happy with the choices I made when I was younger (namely DS' father)... but I wouldn't change anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Nope, far from it.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yeah I am, even though I think I chose a difficult path, I chose the right one. I studied an arts degree which will never get me a good job, but i learnt so much about the world, I am educated in things that are truly important (I believe). I am now studying midwifery which would've been easier logistically before kids, but I wouldn't have half the wisdom I have now so I'm glad I didn't do it straight out of school. My marriage often has issues, but he's given me my beautiful kids so I will always feel I made the right choice being with him. I left my best friends to support his career, and I miss them so so much, but have met other amazing people and seen there's much more to life than our little town.

So yeah, even though I haven't always had an easy time because of the choices I've made, I'm really happy I made them, and am very content with my life

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh absolutely I often look back and wonder about the choices I didn't make, paths I didn't take. I love my kids more than anything, but If I had my time again I would make different choices in so many areas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    well, the other night...driving the kids back from swimming lessons, Powderfinger came on the radio - 'These days'

I did turn it up and have a bit of a cry.
    I must've been hormonal

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah, i really am.

I had a wonderful life pre kids (lives overseas for 4 years...went to over 20 countries, achieved my huge dream of working in Africa in a volunteer roll). I had a great career, lived an independent life, made friends, had my heart broken, broke hearts, stayed out till dawn and watched the sunrise in many far off lands.

My marriage with DS's father broke down...but, he is a good dad and good ex (he pays support, he loves ds even though for a few years there he didn't really show it, he now sees him fortnightly). SO, even though we didn't work out, i still feel my decision to marry and have a child with him was a good one.

Because my marriage broke down with him...i got the absolutely joy of meeting my current DH....and now through the miracle of IVF, we have our DD.

All in all, as much i still have daily frustrations and live is not a bed of roses, I really do love my life and am proud of the choices I have made and the life I have led.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to River Song For This Useful Post:

MinkyJ  (19-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yes, I am.
    Though I wish I had more friends (or any at all), but that's not exactly a choice I made for myself. Just a fallback to the choices that I made.
    ETA: Maybe some of the loss of friendships is my fault, but I don't 'do' one sided friendships.
    Last edited by Guest1234; 19-07-2012 at 17:50.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post:

lovesushi  (19-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, I think I am.

Even now, we're going through a horrible time (long time TTC/ IVF and had a miscarriage yesterday), but I still feel grateful for all the wonderful people in my life, and the path we have taken.

I wouldn't change anything, except for not having fertility problems!

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Oh I would do things so differently if i had the chance.

Oh Annabella, I am doing an arts degree right now and I will get a good job out of it