+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Wastingtime View Post
    Yes it sucks when they bend down and shove a Freddo frog in her face...'would you like a Freddo frog why you're out shopping with mummy' *insert evil eye from me* 'no she wouldn't. If she eats that she will die.' Person shoving Freddo frogs in kids faces is like
    I know it's rude but honestly I hate that my kids are so often offered a lollipop, or chocolate or some other random crap food that I don't allow them to eat so I am not the nicest to them because I don't think they should be shoving these things in to any kids faces, but discreetly asking the parents so they can actually have the chance to say no.
    I know it's nothing like having a child with allergies- but we went into Target one morning and an old lady (target employee) WHISTLED to my oldest DD, called her over and literally shoved a balloon in each of my girls hands and RAN AWAY!!!! I couldn't believe it!! I was furious- mainly because I had just said no to DD1 asking for a balloon because I knew I would end up getting blinded by them and run into someone or something (which happened). I just couldn't believe she actually ran away!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I rarely see anyone handing out sample. I'm so deprived. I like the cheese and dip samples at markets though, and I always eat them. But when I have seen supermarket sample stuff it's always gross food I would never buy. I take the Bakers Delight samples for DS though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Around here they are not allowe to offer children anything, the only way for a child to get something is for the parent to make the decision, reasons being serious food allergies.
    Not so long ago we walked past a ribeena stand in the supermarket and she knew it was for the kids but had to pass it to me so that I could give it to my children.
    Usually we see at least one sample thing happening at my local supermarket, sometimes cakes, sometimes meat, sometimes chocolate, drinks, lollies and meal bases. I love them and will stop and try if interested!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't usually try things. I agree with trying it now because you might buy it in the future.

Sometimes I buy my kids a hotdog and milkshake from Wendy's and they give us all a little bit of ice cream to try. We accept even tho we are not going to buy any.

AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wastingtime View Post
    I don't think they should be shoving these things in to any kids faces, but discreetly asking the parents so they can actually have the chance to say no.
    Totally agree with you!

I restaurant I used to work at offered free ice-cream/desert with every kids meal.

I always asked 'mum' on the sly with lip reading/hand signals if the kids were allowed their desert.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I try if it's something I might buy in the future, for sure! Or if it's yummy I try regardless.

Although one place I would only ever try if I intended to buy is a craft market stall.