+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bleaching Hair whilst pregnant?

Hey ,

I was wondering what your thoughts were on bleching hair while prganant? I am 24 weeks pregnant so in hte safest part of the pregnancy (so ive heard) and My regrowth is disgusting and i tried using an amonia free box dye and it changed it a strange orange colour. The only way to fix it is bleach but i dont know if it is safe or not?

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you use silver toner as well? I guess if it's orange your hair will probably be too dark to tone any brassiness out... I feel like a bad person but I got my hair bleached when I was about 15 weeks I'm now 19 weeks and he's very big and healthy!!! Also, if you got a full head of foils it'd be just as okay, foils blend the regrowth better anyway so it doesn't look as bad cause it's not as 'bold' if that makes sense? I was worried, and worried about what people would think but if the place is well ventilated it should be okay...

Thanks
    Reviews
    The main problem with hair dye or bleach isn't the contact with your skin its that you may breath in nasty fumes.

If your Salon smells like hair dye or you remember the feeling of having your hair dyed as one that involves a strong chemically smell then don't do it.

There are loads of hairdressers and stylists who work through their pregnancy with no problem.

There are a few more natural products on the market, try and Aveda salon, mostly natural plant based products and when you go in it smells all rainforesty not chemically.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had my hair bleached (white blonde) every 6-8 weeks while pregnant.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    erm. i guess it's no big issue. my sister got her hair bleached once during her pregnancy. she seemed to do well after that. but I'd say you seek some advice before doing anything.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default bleaching hair

Hi

I have asked pharmicist about dying hair while pregnant, there is no set of rules for this and no known effects. I brought a dye that was ammonia free.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ive been going to a salon that uses organic toxic free products, the dye doesn't smell at all. But my hair is dark - bleach is a different story it's very strong so really it's up to you if you want to do it. They do recommend against it. I'd research abit if I were you then weigh up the pros and cons.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did last pregnancy and will again this pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was a bit iffy about getting my hair done this pregnancy, I am now 37 weeks and I got some blonde foils and a cut, I didn't smell fumes and the foils don't touch your skin although your scalp could possibly come into contact with it when they wash it out, I washed my hair again when I got home just in case there was any residues left. I now feel funny about using the toning conditioner in my hair regularly during the rest of this pregnancy.
    Last edited by maple; 27-07-2012 at 09:54. Reason: I corrected mispelt words.

tiggerfields is offline Priestess of Kult K'iesha... Mooo!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    http://www.americanpregnancy.org/isi...reatments.html

I bleached (foils) every six weeks with DS.