+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My ds#1 has ASD, a part of some of his quirks is that he obsessively collects/hoards stuff. He learnt a few years ago in order to get stuff, you need money. So now he is quite obsessed with money, constantly searching under cushions, asking if he can do extra chores for it, is always counting it to make sure he hasnt even lost 5c! Etc

Anyway... It was my birthday and he said he got me a present. He is 7 and other than being at school he is always with me, so i know he couldnt have purchased anything. So he goes into his bedroom and comes out with a birthday card he made... And an envelope filled with his entire savings in it for me.

I told him i couldnt accept his money, that i wanted him to have it, but that it was the most beautiful gesture and i was so so proud of him. i cuddled him and cried for about 15 minutes. I know how hard that would have been for him, my baby feels selfless love for me... I have never been more proud of the person he is.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

Benji  (19-07-2012),Bennos Mummy  (19-07-2012),CazHazKidz  (23-07-2012),Cue  (21-07-2012),Elijahs Mum  (19-07-2012),Jenna2012  (23-07-2012),Kaybaby  (20-07-2012),meljemillie  (20-07-2012),Pina Colada  (19-07-2012),Sarelou  (19-07-2012),shelle65  (19-07-2012),Wallflower  (20-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DD1 was tested at Kip McGrath (which she goes to for extra help in Math) and she is reading at a level 3 and a half years above her age.

DS is halfway through Prep and surprised me by reading me Green Eggs and Ham.

When DH was in bed sick on Monday and I was at the school, DD2 snuck in and gave him a sticker and her scare bear (named because he scares all the baddies away) and then checked him with her toy stethoscope.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LibranTwin View Post
    Wow she's Awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    That is just beautiful
    Thank you! I only found out cause I was going through her bag and asked her why she had two jumpers for because she was supposed to put them in the wash and that was when she told me what she was doing.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondEyes View Post
    My ds#1 has ASD, a part of some of his quirks is that he obsessively collects/hoards stuff. He learnt a few years ago in order to get stuff, you need money. So now he is quite obsessed with money, constantly searching under cushions, asking if he can do extra chores for it, is always counting it to make sure he hasnt even lost 5c! Etc

Anyway... It was my birthday and he said he got me a present. He is 7 and other than being at school he is always with me, so i know he couldnt have purchased anything. So he goes into his bedroom and comes out with a birthday card he made... And an envelope filled with his entire savings in it for me.

I told him i couldnt accept his money, that i wanted him to have it, but that it was the most beautiful gesture and i was so so proud of him. i cuddled him and cried for about 15 minutes. I know how hard that would have been for him, my baby feels selfless love for me... I have never been more proud of the person he is.
    Awwww that is amazing

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    We went to the park today and DS figured out how to swing by himself.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DS1 walked himself in to school yesterday morning full of waves and smiles. It was his second day at this school as he hasn't attended this one since the end of term 1.

DS2 has been very snuggly and listened very well lately.

They both make me so proud. I have gorgeous boys and I really hope I'm able to guide them to grow in to gorgeous men who treat women as they should be treated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Katelyn is 4 months old, rolls front to back, back to front, can "stand" holding the couch, can get her knees under her and pushes cm by cm almost, she can also turn herself around wiggling on the floor (to face her brother) and has 2 teeth. And is freaking adorable <3

Jasper is 3.5 and has been saying "c is for car! A is for apple! P is p p p (making the sound)" and making letters and numbers in blocks. He also has been folding fairly impressive paper planes, he watches me and can follow all the steps - even if the folds aren't perfect.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I took my third bub DD1 aged 5 months away for the night and she was AMAZING, I knew she was a good baby but being away from home and not having her brothers around it was really obvious what a easy going bubs she is. Didn't cry once, just feed, played and went off to sleep where ever we were, out at lunch etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS is going to the toilet on his own more and more each day

This morning i took his nappy off and said 'tell mummy if you need to wee' so he gets up spins around and goes 'wee wee toilet'. We go to the toilet/potty, he lift the lid and sits, wees, gets up, takes the tray out and to the big toilet, say's 'mummy up', i left the lid and he pours his wee in, then 'mummy wash, wipe', then i wash and wipe out the tray, he takes it back and puts it in his potty and then we do the ...... wee wee on the potty dance and high fives all round !!!!!!! (yes this is remarkibly close to what we look like)

Bless him!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bennos Mummy For This Useful Post:

Sarelou  (19-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    3 days ago we were stuck in the rain at local shopping centre, while waiting DS 5 entertained me and DD by singing 2 songs about cars and rain in Mandarin..)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DD1 got an excellent report. They are always good because she tries so hard though. But she has improved so much. Spelling has always been a HUGE and constant struggle for her and a major issue since Year 1. (She's in Year 8 now) Her English teacher said her spelling has improved SO much and she easily got a B despite her spelling struggles. (Spelling does bring down their grades so she did very well) Her maths teacher asked me how many hours per week she goes to tutoring for and was shocked when I told her she doesn't go to tutoring and never has. She said she has improved a lot and is coming first in the class by a lot and got an A. Her Science teacher also said she has improved and is coming first in the class also by a lot and is an inspiration to the other girls. She was only .05% off getting an A and is coming 34th out of 179 students in the year. She was told if she can bring herself up to 30th she will be in the GAT class next year. She was also top in technology as well.

DD2 also got a good report despite our constant struggles LOL. We are actually getting her assessed as we feel she may have some issues. Amongst many other things she has told us that sometimes she knows the answers to things but just can't write it down on the paper. Despite all that she is actually doing very well in spelling and on 20 words. She is in Year 3 in a 3/4 class and amongst the ones in the class with the most words while some kids are on 8-10 words. Everything else was "sound" so she is doing ok.

DD3 got a good report too and is on 15 spelling words. So, she is doing well too. She saw me cleaning the other day and asked if she could clean the bathroom for me. She was so cute and put the toothbrushes and soap etc outside the bathroom while she cleaned. She even got the disposable gloves out and was wearing them. (I don't wear them when cleaning so not sure where she got that from) She did a good job though. She even cleaned both the toilets and put new gel thingys in the toilet bowls.