+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How has your child made you proud lately?

Time for a shameless bragging thread I think!

Please share something awesome your kid(s) has done lately. It can be anything, big or small.

I'll go first:

DD is 12 months ahead of the rest of her class in maths, and has now caught up to all of the "kids who could already read" in reading in her prep class. I'm so proud of her attitude to learning since she started school.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm proud of DS1 for pooping in the loo the past few days, he usually poops in his pants

I'm proud of DS2 for wiping his own bum

I'm proud of DD for taking those first few steps

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

lovesushi  (19-07-2012),Pina Colada  (19-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    DS 6 yo got an extremely good report card for last term. Very proud of him.

A few weeks ago I had to bring him to work reluctantly. The office was all but empty so he had free reign to do what he pleased.

I went out the back to look on the whiteboard and he had written perfectly "on the weekend I went to my nan house and I played soccer".

So cute.

He is going through a phase at the moment so realistically I would have more examples in a thread about what my child has done to p!ss me off lately

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    He is going through a phase at the moment so realistically I would have more examples in a thread about what my child has done to p!ss me off lately
    Yeah I could also contribute significantly to one of those threads

6. The Following User Says Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

Benji  (19-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD has been awesome at going to the toilet and had no accidents at daycare yesterday!!

She only started using the toilet regularly last week and has really taken to it. Something has just 'clicked' in her mind and it's great!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Recently my 6 year old told me she was taking an extra jumper to school every day because a boy in her class was coming to school with no jumper because his parents weren't sending him with one and he was freezing. The fact that she has so much compassion and can be so kind to another at 6 years old makes me so unbelievably proud to be her mother. I ended up telling her teacher, to get her to make sure we got it back at the end of the day so I could wash it and make sure it was kept clean for him and she talked to his parents and they must have sorted something out for him because he now his own jumper but yeah....very proud!

9. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Wastingtime For This Useful Post:

Ana Gram  (19-07-2012),Annabella  (19-07-2012),Bennos Mummy  (19-07-2012),bet3  (19-07-2012),Busy-Bee  (19-07-2012),CazHazKidz  (23-07-2012),cluckcluck  (19-07-2012),Cue  (21-07-2012),Jemma87  (21-07-2012),just her chameleon  (19-07-2012),LivinOnAPrayer  (20-07-2012),LoCo  (19-07-2012),lovesushi  (19-07-2012),Pina Colada  (19-07-2012),Wallflower  (20-07-2012),Zombie_eyes  (19-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wastingtime View Post
    Recently my 6 year old told me she was taking an extra jumper to school every day because a boy in her class was coming to school with no jumper because his parents weren't sending him with one and he was freezing. The fact that she has so much compassion and can be so kind to another at 6 years old makes me so unbelievably proud to be her mother. I ended up telling her teacher, to get her to make sure we got it back at the end of the day so I could wash it and make sure it was kept clean for him and she talked to his parents and they must have sorted something out for him because he now his own jumper but yeah....very proud!
    Wow she's Awesome

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD is going to be in the front row for her dance concert in a few months

12. The Following User Says Thank You to just her chameleon For This Useful Post:

Pina Colada  (19-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wastingtime View Post
    That is just beautiful

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    DD1 rang me and video chatted her baby brothers, I know it does sound like much, but to me it mean the world. That and the fact she is thriving living on her own and getting great results at uni.

DS1 He is working so hard with his schoolwork even though he gets teased for being stupid, he doesn't let it him stop trying.

DD2 was given the chance to stay home from the sports carnival (She is not sporty and is very clumsy due to low muscle tone in her core) She wanted to go anyhow.

DD3 Is practicing so hard with her guitar even though she not allowed to play it in the house.

DS2 Is remembering people names so much better

DS3 has the cutest smile...