+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Definitely on the same page. My DS is 15 months and only says mum and dad. He has previously said dog, dads here, Adje (Croatian) and ta but won't anymore. So hard not to worry but trying my best lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Are you kidding? 14 Months?
    Now, if he has 5 words by the time he's 18 months, THEN I would have a chat with your GP. At 14 months I would not be at the least concerned.

My bestie has a 2yo who didn't speak 1 word until he was 18 months and he hasn't stopped since.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My boys didn't talk till 2 and weren't talking in fluent sentences till 3. My daughters were a little earlier but definatly not 14 months.

Your ds sounds very normal and of course they can understand a lot more than they can say

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Misschief View Post
    Are you kidding? 14 Months?
    Now, if he has 5 words by the time he's 18 months, THEN I would have a chat with your GP. At 14 months I would not be at the least concerned.

My bestie has a 2yo who didn't speak 1 word until he was 18 months and he hasn't stopped since.
    Sorry, but I don't think that attitude is necessary. I can't speak for the OP, but my DS is my first child and I don't know what is normal or not and I can't help but compare him to his peers of the same age, so yes I have been concerned about his speech.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mishh View Post
    Sorry, but I don't think that attitude is necessary. I can't speak for the OP, but my DS is my first child and I don't know what is normal or not and I can't help but compare him to his peers of the same age, so yes I have been concerned about his speech.
    I was just about the write the same thing

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't mean to be offensive. BUT there are many threads here already with people being concerned about kids not speaking at 12-16 months. Especially boys.

DS didn't say a word until he was 18 months and I wasn't concerned until then. Oh and he is my first and only child as well.
    Yes he's diagnosed with global developmental delay, but again, kids develop all differently and googling this will confirm it. That is why I say, if her child does not have any more words before he's 18 months, then I would contact a doctor and see if she can get some speech for him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Misschief View Post
    I didn't mean to be offensive. BUT there are many threads here already with people being concerned about kids not speaking at 12-16 months. Especially boys.

DS didn't say a word until he was 18 months and I wasn't concerned until then. Oh and he is my first and only child as well.
    Yes he's diagnosed with global developmental delay, but again, kids develop all differently and googling this will confirm it. That is why I say, if her child does not have any more words before he's 18 months, then I would contact a doctor and see if she can get some speech for him.
    You could have said it like this in the first place without the "are you kidding me?" which is what I found most offensive.

I do agree though, I won't be doing anything about my DS until his 18 month check up re: his speech if I am still concerned.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sometimes kids start with a few general words like ma and da and that's all they aast for months. Then suddenly it's like they have verbal diarrhea and it all starts... And doesn't stop! My DS did that at about 2 and his vocab has expanded regularly ever since.

Don't stress, every child is different