+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Horrible sleep- wriggly baby- help!

My son is 8 months old and is usually a pretty good sleeper at night.
    Last night he woke up at least 7 times because he had somehow wriggled to the top of the cot out of his blankets and keeps hitting his head on the bars. I put him in a sleeping bag as a just in case thing invade he kicks his blankets off. Once I pulled him back down to where he is supposed to be he falls right back to sleep.

How do I stop him from rolling over and wriggling to the top? I've tried tucking the blankets extra tight around him and using a stuffed owl against his belly to stop the rolling.

Thanks ladies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My DD1 did that and I got over resettling her etc so I just brought her to our bed.

Problem solved.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (21-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    There isn't much you can do to stop the wiggling but perhaps invest in an air flow cot bumper so the bumps aren't so hard and have less of a chance of waking him. Worked for my DS.

Also with time they get used to it. I find my DS now 15 months in the craziest positions lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sleeping bag and deluxe air wrap. My daughter chucks laps of her cot in her sleep but since buying the wrap for the bars she doesn't wake up when she hits her head.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My DS was exactley the same and we also bought a cot wrap so the bumps werent as hard and he doesnt have any problems waking up because of bumps to the head. He's always slept in a sleeping bag of some sort so we never had a problem with kicking the blankets off but yeah the air wrap has got to be one of the best baby buys for us Good luck, Ive been there and it's hard to get through those nights where you just have to keep resettling, especially if there isnt much you can do

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had this problem and he eventually got used to it but if it happens next bub, I'll be taking the advice of these lovely ladies and investing in a cot wrap.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Both of my children have done this, but they eventually stopped waking up when they did it. I second a PP about finding bubs in the weirdest positions!

Thanks
    Reviews
    There's a product called a Safe-T-Sleep available online that wraps around bubs nappy area to hold him in place. It will allow a bit of sideways rolling (not onto their front though) but should stop any movement up and down the cot. We use one when we go somewhere that doesn't have a portacot as it allows DS to sleep on a single mattress safely. We've also used it in his cot at times when DS wouldn't stop rolling onto his tummy and waking himself up when trying to sleep.