User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question Any AGL electricity customers here?

I am nearly convinced to switch over to AGL with electricity. All I read are negative reviews though. The woman on the phone said that it made sense. People only review when they are upset and have to complain. The people who are happy/indifferent don't post reviews.
    She even compared it to morning sickness. Its less common than "we" think. Its just the people who suffer, whinge about it all the time. The people who dont suffer, stay quiet.

Yeah nice comparison lady

Anyway, would like to know if anyone here uses AGL and if so, are they happy/content with them?

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We've been with them for 7 years. No complaints though customer service can be hit & miss. I make sure I take the name of the person I speak to and have never had a problem saying "well such & such said.....". But we get a 10% discount on gas & electricity (after being promised it by a customer service person who stuffed up - see my previous point about taking names! They honoured the promise).

I have no intention of moving from them & have been happy enough that we're now in our 3rd 3 year contract with them.
    Me 35 DH 34 DS 1 DS 2

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've only been with them for 3 weeks! But I have spoken to them 3 times now about various things and they have been ever so lovely and helpful. Hopefully it continues...
    I got a good deal with them too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    With them for 4 years, no complaints, never had to call them about anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I am with them too. When i had a big stuff up with electricity, they put me on a bill smoothing olan and it doesnt matter how much your bill is, you just pay X amount of money on your agreed time schedule. I am ahead with my bill but i like that if i ever get some stupidly high bill, no matter how long it takes to pay off, they wont be on my case about it.

I did have trouble when i switched from paying it from my centerpay over to just going to the post office as the person didnt understand me at all and then i spoke to someone in complaints and he fixed it right up for me and sent me a new card, well 3 new cards lol.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub
    i cross all bridges with joy and ease.
    the "old" unfolds into wonderful new experiences.
    my life gets better all the time

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have just switched over from Energy Australia and have just got my first bill. It was a lot cheaper than my Energy Australia bill and I also get 10% off the shoulder, peak and off peak rates of electricity which makes it cheaper again. A door to door guy came around and usually I don't give them the time of day because I flat out don't trust them. He was very good at explaining everything to me and gave me all the information I needed which i sat down and spoke to my husband about. There was a 10 day cooling off period where if I didnt want to go ahead with changing I could just ring them and everything would have stayed the same with Energy Australia. For me especially at the moment any savings off my electricity bill is a good thing and I also earn fly buys points from my electricity bill which usually means I get 10 or 20 of my grocery bill every now and again.. All helps
    Me: 26 DH: 34

DD: 13/1/2011

Thanks
    Reviews
    We switched to them last year, they have been great! Bills are down alot compared to when we where with Origin and they have been consistent too, I've had 4 bills and none over $300(yet). Will be getting out new bill in the next month so I am curious what it is going to look like since the Carbon tax has come in. But all in all, a very happy customer here - plus I have my account linked to my flybys, so it's racking up my point total quite quickly(avid flybuys user here).

ETA - We had Origin come door knocking recently and we ended up resigning with them because they were offering better on/off peak rates, but AGL sent out a letter letting us know we were planning on switching and said a simple call and they could adjust our rates to beat what Origin was offering, the other time I called was because we were overdue on our account, again I received lovely service, lady was very understanding and she wavered the late fee for us.
    Last edited by Littlemissmetal; 19-07-2012 at 07:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yep I'm happy with them. I switched a few years ago when Origin were charging electricity bills of around $700 it was a mostly all electric house but was still way too much, when I switched to AGL they dropped down to around $400 and have been with them ever since, never had a huge bill.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My bills are usually lowish as I have solar hot water and its just me and DS. But with the increase of electricity prices, Im still keen to swap.
    In NSW the unit price is strictly regulated by the government. So the only way you can be cheaper off, is by finding a contract with good discounts.

They offered me a 2 year contract with 12% off my bill (usage only, not the service availability charges).
    Or a 3 year contract for 10% off but you get a 175 off your first bill. However, cancellation fees are much much higher.

I want to change as I have been with country energy for 9 years and they have been bought over by Origin now. Origin only offers 1 year plans with 10% discount for early birds only. If you extend your payment date, you loose that 10%. Not attractive to me as some times I will have to ask for extension as I have 2 periods in the year that are super expensive for me.
    Tax season in July/August (I owe ATO every year as I am 1 year behind due to variable income) plus rego, plus councel rates.
    Then December is an expensive period with DS's birthday, Christmas and Early Intervention fees due.

I really am doing it tough right now and Im about to list my house on the market as I can no longer make ends meet with DS being special needs now.
    So I am trying to cut bills in any way I can. Unfortunately I can't change mortgages for another year as I am stuck with the Commonwealth for the first 4 years. It will cost too much to cancel.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Amethyst Star - 5,000 postsTopaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I love AGL. I find their costs can be a bit higher, which I have heard but you know what they always treat us right. I can ring them with any issues and they fix things straight up, or help where they can. When I have been stuck on money they've helped their too.

They call back when they say they will, they understand and they even set me up on a plan where I just pay an amount each fortnight regardless of my bill.

It works so well for us.