+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    In my teenage checkout chick days, I robotically went to say "hi, how are you?"...but instead, said "how hi (high) are you?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to squirrelex For This Useful Post:

Sariele  (20-07-2012),~ElectricPink~  (19-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am another who tells people "thank you for calling" even when I have called them. I do this both at work (recorded calls) and at home and even to the CSA

I told on agent that he had to "put the number into his sister" rather than into his system

When I was with my ex we had not long gotten married and we had some visitors over at out house and it was late, so I stood up and said "Come on exDH we better go it's getting late". I was mortified and I never lived that down lol

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PomPoms For This Useful Post:

KillerHeels  (19-07-2012),lovesushi  (20-07-2012),Mulva  (20-07-2012),patsmum  (19-07-2012),Sariele  (20-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I work on reception and take money off patients. I asked a guy who gave me cash what account it was on lol!! So used to people giving me cards not cash it's automatic lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I put DD down for a nap and when she woke up strapped her in her high chair, prepared her food and went to the bathroom, checked my phone, turned on the TV and completely forgot about bub until I heard a 'bang'. Turns out DD had smeared all the food everywhere and chucked the bowl when she was done. My bad...

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

7. The Following User Says Thank You to heartjb For This Useful Post:

~ElectricPink~  (19-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Went into the bakery to get DP and I a pie for lunch , walked up to the counter and when asked what I wanted said what I wanted then said a 'stunky cheak' instead of chunky steak lol but the when I tried to say it again the right way said it again.
    I had the lady in fits of laughter!! I felt soooo stupid!!! Lol

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jemma87 For This Useful Post:

MoonMoon  (19-07-2012),Sariele  (20-07-2012)

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have brain damage from epilepsy, so I am a veritable encyclopedia of idiot mistakes.

For those who aren't familiar with epilepsy, I have absence seizures, which is like my brain restarting, like a computer. So whatever I'm doing or saying at the time isn't continued in a normal manner. Sometimes I'll write texts to my friends that make no sense, a good example is the the day a few years ago that I texted the word 'YARP' to my best friends in response to the question "You busy tonight?"
    It's a personal in-joke with us now. I think I was meaning to write 'Yep' but it came out all garbled.

Anyway, I'll often do things like forget to pay for groceries, trip over things only I can see, answer questions like "how are you?" with things like "You too!", and put food in cupboards/saucepans in the fridge/towels in the dog food cupboard.

I've done almost every single thing on this list and it feels good to know we're all derps at times!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    At work I was setting up for breakfast so putting the spreads into bowls..
    We usually served smooth peanut butter, jam and vegiemite
    I was putting out crunchy peanut butter and another worker runs up and says 'you can't serve that, it has nuts in it'!!
    Last edited by ~BEXTER~; 20-07-2012 at 07:18.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ~BEXTER~ For This Useful Post:

austmum  (20-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have sooo many but the ones I can remember (or that DH reminds me of often!)
    Asking for a large chocolate thickshake with no ice at McDonald's. I'm so used to getting coke no ice lol.

At my last job at a finance company I rang to confirm someone's employment at a scaffolding place, then quickly took another call but answered it 'Ca$h stop scaffolding'

After way too many drinks at a club and my DH getting refused entry after we went outside for a smoke, I threatened to call the cops on security for discriminating and not letting him in. My friends had to grab my phone off me coz I was dialing the cops. In the end they said DH could go in but not me lol.
    I'm also guilty of running around looking for my phone and it being in my hand! Or I have it on my lap in the car then stand up and it falls on the concrete, oops smashed screen!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Just*Ace For This Useful Post:

austmum  (20-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I was still living at mums and at home alone, I decided to cook up a frozen corn cob in the microwave to go with dinner. The instructions on the packet said to heat for 14 minutes on high, so I did so....not thinking about the fact that it was that amount of time for the WHOLE packet, not just one cob. I went into another room and completely forgot about it, until i smelt a burning smell. Raced in to find that the cob had burnt to a crisp, burnt THROUGH the bowl I'd put it into and melted a bit of the microwave tray....ooops I tried cleaning out the burnt smell from the microwave with no success, mum ended up having to buy a new microwave because any food that was heated in it thereafter always smelt/tasted burnt!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~ElectricPink~ View Post
    When I was still living at mums and at home alone, I decided to cook up a frozen corn cob in the microwave to go with dinner. The instructions on the packet said to heat for 14 minutes on high, so I did so....not thinking about the fact that it was that amount of time for the WHOLE packet, not just one cob. I went into another room and completely forgot about it, until i smelt a burning smell. Raced in to find that the cob had burnt to a crisp, burnt THROUGH the bowl I'd put it into and melted a bit of the microwave tray....ooops I tried cleaning out the burnt smell from the microwave with no success, mum ended up having to buy a new microwave because any food that was heated in it thereafter always smelt/tasted burnt!
    When I was a kid and home alone I decided that I wanted a sausage roll so put it in the microwave but looked at the oven time and put it in for 20 mins on high. A friend arrived over to find the microwave nearly on fire, picked it up and ran out of the house with it!!
    I have done some other ridiculous things but can't think of any real examples now, except that I frequently answer my phone like its the work phone.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to shani2 For This Useful Post:

~ElectricPink~  (19-07-2012)