+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When I was 17 my parents took me to Europe. We were in one city (can't remember which) and all the shops had 'Saldi' or something written on the window. I commented to my parents how that Saldi brand was soooo popular. Every shop sold it. Yeah, it actually means 'Sale'! I still get teased about it.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sunnybambino For This Useful Post:

austmum  (19-07-2012),MoonMoon  (19-07-2012),~ElectricPink~  (19-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Most embarrassing one I've ever done was ringing a client from work and had to leave a message on their answering machine...I did the typical 'it's x from xyz and I'm ringing up about y. Can you please give me a call back on 99 99 99 99 when you get the chance. Thanks.' Then I hung up the phone and realised I'd given them my home number so then I had to ring back and leave a message on their machine saying that I had given them my home number, not the number for my place of work and the number they actually need to ring is 88 88 88 88.' OMG how stupid!
    I've also answered my home phone as if I was at work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I once answered the phone at work "Good afternoon, [name of work], Michelle sleeping"

I once put the dirty washing in the tumble dryer, turned on the washing machine and stood there saying "wow, from this angle it looks like the washing machine is empty!".

5. The Following User Says Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

MsImpatient  (19-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I was 16 i got my first job in a call centre. The headset would beep in my ear when a call came through and the customer would be there.
    After a couple of weeks, I was heating something in the microwave and when it started beeping I said to it "welcome to xxx, this is xxx". Oooooops!!! I also did it to a crossing buzzer thingy.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alphabetsoup For This Useful Post:

becandabub  (19-07-2012),~ElectricPink~  (19-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This thread literally has me crying tears of laughter.

I've done so many stupid things over the years, it's really hard to isolate one or two incidents. I'll go for a couple from wayyy back...

When I was about 13 I was at my dad's SES barbeque where I didn't really know anyone. Me and my bro and a couple of other kids were shooting at the basketball hoop when Mum calls to me to go and get something from the fridge inside. Anxious to get back to the game, I positively sprinted to the back door of this house, thinking it was open, only to find out the hard way that the flyscreen door was closed. I ploughed into it at full speed, rebounded off it, and landed flat on my ar$e in front of a large group of Dad's SES colleagues. It's a wonder I didn't break the flyscreen.

Then when I was around 15/16, I was complaining to Dad that hot Milos weren't great because you had to make them with water, so they weren't nice and milky tasting. He said, "why don't you boil some milk then?" So I literally went and poured milk in the kettle and turned it on. Needless to say Mum and Dad had to go shopping for a new kettle the next day.

As for hilarious little incidents like people have been describing in this thread, I have so many, all the freaking time, that I cannot remember them. I think after they happen I just try and blank them out cause I get so embarrassed.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sariele For This Useful Post:

Amira  (19-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincolns mummy View Post
    The day DS was due i decided to go and do a massive food shop so off i went. It took me ages, the trolley was almost overflowing, i went through the checkout and it came to $320, umm where was my wallet. I had left the house with nothing but my keys. Whoops!
    i was so embarassed i told the lady i had left my wallet in the car and would just duck out and get it, instead i jumped in the car went and got my wallet and went and completed a whole shop again at a different supermark!
    That's pretty rude. They would have held onto that trolley for you only for you to not come back. They wouldn't have cared. I used to work in retail and heaps of customers did this. I never thought they were stupid.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    Noooo... why? Then they would have had to put all that stuff back! And if the cold stuff was out too long they would have had to throw it all out! People leave their wallets behind ALL the time, it's nothing to get embarrassed about.
    It makes no sense to me now either but at the time it was the best thing i could i think of! I blame 'my baby is due today' brain!

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I ring my mum at home all the time and say "where are you?" "um you called my house phone, im home u nitwit!" oops.

matalee is offline The greater the fight, the greater the victory
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Just the other day I was walking out of the shopping centre & the automatic doors wouldn't open so I stood there pressing the 'unlock' button on my car keys getting frustrated because they still wouldn't open. I only realized why it wasn't working when a guy walked in front of me & looked at me with confusion &, thankfully, opened the door. He magically opened the door by walking one step further than me.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to matalee For This Useful Post:

Rutabaga  (19-07-2012),TableDancer  (19-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My sister and I were at the gym and she kept leaning across messing with the speed of my treadmill. So I leant across to mess with her speed and I knocked the emergancy stop bthing (awesome techniqual terms in use here) off her treadmill causing it to come to a complete stop.
    She fell like a tonne of brick, I was laughing and looking back at her on the ground, I lost my footing and almost went down with her.

She hasnt returned to the gym with me since

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Missemzy For This Useful Post:

Amira  (19-07-2012),MoonMoon  (19-07-2012),Zombie_eyes  (19-07-2012)