+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Interesting that everyone get different prices i might have to cry and see where that gets me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztik View Post
    And to make it worse I just got the iPod screen fixes two days ago
    How much did it cost you to get the ipod screen fixed? Poor DD1 was given an ipod not long ago and managed to drop it and the screen smashed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had my iPhone 4S replaced last week. It was $199. They don't fix it it if the screen is broken, just swap for another phone that has already been repaired. It comes with a 3 month warranty or if your phone is still in warranty and it's longer than 3 months then they go with that instead. We didn't have insurance so this was the best option. Make sure you back up on icloud first

Thanks
    Reviews
    $20 for a kit off eBay. Then go on YouTube for step by step instructions. So easy to do! I've done about 5 now and could do it in my sleep!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have an iPhone 4s n I haven't broken the screen yet touch wood, but I would recommend you get a leather case for your phone when its repaired so if you do end up dropping it the screen is protected. I keep mine in a leather pouch 90% of the time n I have dropped it on many occasions whilst in the case n the screens still very much intact. According to apple dropping the phone and smashing the screen happens frequently with people's phones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I got the back fixed for $30 at a place that fixes phones and computers. New back is aluminium and I looooove it! So much more durable. Apple back too, it's just a different part.

I'm not worried about voiding the warranty as I've already dropped it in the bath, which I'm pretty sure they don't cover. So no doubt anything that did go wrong the would blame on the water.

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Myztik, that is one smashed phone

Apple replaced the screen on a friend's iPhone and I think it was about $180

Definitely cry and hope they take pity on you, good luck!!!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've had my screen replaced at the apple store in Perth for $120 I had to call and make an appointment they fixed it while I waited, took about 15min. I have heard of people getting them fixed elsewhere for cheaper in Perth (those little stores in the hallways of malls but apple have told me it voids your warranty.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    Yes, use tears, and take the toddler with you when he is due for a sleep!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    I got the back fixed for $30 at a place that fixes phones and computers. New back is aluminium and I looooove it! So much more durable. Apple back too, it's just a different part.

I'm not worried about voiding the warranty as I've already dropped it in the bath, which I'm pretty sure they don't cover. So no doubt anything that did go wrong the would blame on the water.
    The back of the phone is cheap to replace. I had smashed both front and back and the apple guy said it was a shame it wasn't just the back as its only about $20 to replace.