+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How clean for house valuation?

I'm living in a rental property and just got advised of a home valuation next week. How clean would you have the house for eg scrub windows, sills etc or just a basic neaten up? Also why would owner be having valuation done except to sell? I only moved in here in April and purposely rented thru a huge company in hope that they would have the assets to keep the home long term and not sell and now I'm freaking out at thought of moving again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I doubt they would be refinancing. The company who owns the house is a huge Australia wide company. I'm just hoping they aren't selling. We have moved twice since Dec and I love this house. I'm planning on staying here for a few years until I am ready to buy my own place

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got a phone call today informing me of a valuation on the property we are renting too!! I really hope our landlord isn't selling as we really don't want to move 😢.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't worry too much. The valuer will only be looking at what the house is. No of beds, baths parking land size etc. I'd only do a tidy up. They will probably only be there less than 5 min.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If it is an appraisal by a real estate agent then yes, there would be a very good chance that the property is about to go in the market, but it is a valuation by a valuer it is probably quite likely to sort out another aspect of their finances.... Eg. We purchased a property in December and the bank required a valuation of our other 4 properties to approve the loan as they hadn't been valued for the bank in over 5 years.

I don't know that people employ valuers before putting their property on the market all that often, rather a real estate appraisal or 5.

mystical mumma is offline * ʇı ǝןoʇs sǝıɹıɐɟ ǝɥʇ ˙˙˙puıɯ ʎɯ ʇsoן ʇuǝʌɐɥ ı *
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If its for a major company I would be assuming its for tax purposes.

Don't stress.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had a rental once and the owner wanted a valuation done. I asked if they were selling and was told that the owner just needed a valuation done as he wanted another loan from the bank and the bank just needs a estimate of his assess. I didn't have to move out at all.