+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default I wanted a boy.

First up let me say if anyone tells me to be grateful to have a healthy baby I will kick them in the balls.
    So i found out this morning I'm having a girl. I really wanted another boy, but was pretty sure it would be a girl, so I thought I was prepared, and I would be ok. I was ok this morning and now i can't stop crying. I hate how happy everyone is for me, people are acting like a girl is so way more exciting than a boy. I guess it's because i already have a DS so people assume I want one of each, but I'm getting lots of comments like 'oh I can't wait to start shopping for her'. No-one bought my DS anything! Well, presents and stuff of course but no-one got crazy excited about it. I'm feeling resentful for this baby, like she's going to come along and DS will get pushed aside because he's just a boring boy when he's the light of my life. And i feel guilty because i feel like I won't be able to love her enough.
    I just needed to get that out. DP won't understand so i don't want to tell him.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hmmm.. Hugs.. I think it's your prerogative to want what you want. In sure you'll love bubs just the same but i wanted a girl and got a boy so I can sympathise. It does get better x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    ((giant hugs))

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think all you can do to counteract everyone else's reactions to your girl vs you DS is make sure they both know they're equal. Unfortunately we can't control other people's reactions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I will trade you my boy for your girl haha

Seriously though *hugs* Boys are awesome but I would love a girl if I ever have another one and I know the feeling to be crushed when you find out its not what you wanted. It does grow on you though and once you have her you will love her no matter what is between her legs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Hugs hun. If i was to ever have another and was told i was having a girl, i would feel the same.

Congrats on a little girl but do grieve for the little boy you wanted so bad.

Hugs xx

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Myztiks#1Fan For This Useful Post:

SeymourTheBear  (18-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Know how you feel when I found out DD2 was going to be a girl. I was really sad. I wanted a boy since I already had a girl. Best of both worlds would have been nice.

When the sonographer told me it's a girl I was really annoyed and looked at DP and said "it's all your fault, I wanted a boy!" (extremely hormonal pregnant women at that time)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fl I know exactly where you are coming from. Everyone just assumes that you want a girl cause you already have a son & who wouldn't want one of each. I am with you I have always wanted 2 boys & am lucky enough to be getting my second boy. When I tell people that I am having another boy they are like oh you poor thing another boy I bet you were wanting a girl to which I respond no I have never wanted a girl am very happy with my boys thanks & walk away! I am sure that you will love your daughter when she arrives & maybe look at asking your family not to go over the top with presents for her & not to forget about ds. We are actually going to get our ds a present from the baby & give it too him at the hospital so he doesn't feel left out.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I totally get it. I'm not pregnant with #2 yet but I'm already hoping for another boy. It annoys me the way a lot of people seem to assume that we all must want the 'pigeon pair' when that really isn't the case at all. Boys are pretty awesome, no denying it.

BUT I do also think the relationship between an older brother and younger sister can be really be something special. I'm sure your DS will be just so incredibly protective of his little sister!