Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bummer, NSW too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by insanity View Post
    I just managed to wean DS off neocate advance last week... So glad I did now with all this happening!
    Insanity, can I ask how you weaned?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry I just saw this!

The paediatrician told me to start trying him on tiny bits of cheese and than yoghurt. Once I knew he was ok on them we tried uht milk in tiny amounts in his breakfast. Then I took the plunge and tried watered down cows milk. He refused it at first but I done it gradually over. Few weeks and now he is on 100% cows milk with no problems!

Apparently they often outgrow intolerances and we were one of the lucky ones it seems!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I just saw this!

The paediatrician told me to start trying him on tiny bits of cheese and than yoghurt. Once I knew he was ok on them we tried uht milk in tiny amounts in his breakfast. Then I took the plunge and tried watered down cows milk. He refused it at first but I done it gradually over. Few weeks and now he is on 100% cows milk with no problems!

Apparently they often outgrow intolerances and we were one of the lucky ones it seems!
    That's great news! How old is he now or when you started weaning him?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm just subscribing.

Im so sorry to read about the sick little bubas who need this stuff. My lil man has cmpi (and some other possible allergy/intolerances) he is currently bf'd but I don't think I can keep up with feeding him much longer. I want to cry just saying that. He responds to soy, dairy & egg.. the jury is still out on peanut and Amine. No failure to thrive thankfully, but thats required a very strict diet by mummy (which is all good).. Now, at 19 weeks, he is feeding every 2 hours, sometimes more and has been for almost three weeks.

I think we are going to have to go down this road (prescription formula) with my little man. I don't know what kind of formula we will need, but I'm yet to find any commercially available without animal milk or soy. We are off to the allergist 7/8, here's hoping he will have some answers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I just saw this!

This is great insanity! I hope this works for us too..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Melzey View Post
    I'm just subscribing.

Im so sorry to read about the sick little bubas who need this stuff. My lil man has cmpi (and some other possible allergy/intolerances) he is currently bf'd but I don't think I can keep up with feeding him much longer. I want to cry just saying that. He responds to soy, dairy & egg.. the jury is still out on peanut and Amine. No failure to thrive thankfully, but thats required a very strict diet by mummy (which is all good).. Now, at 19 weeks, he is feeding every 2 hours, sometimes more and has been for almost three weeks.

I think we are going to have to go down this road (prescription formula) with my little man. I don't know what kind of formula we will need, but I'm yet to find any commercially available without animal milk or soy. We are off to the allergist 7/8, here's hoping he will have some answers.
    I hope everything works out okay

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bunny Lover For This Useful Post:

Melzey  (30-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Melzey View Post
    I'm just subscribing.

Melzey Do you get any longer periods where he doesn't feed every 2 hours? Both my kids have been regular feeders, DD still fed 10 - 12 times a day at 12 months. DS is 6 months now, and has a longer sleep at the start of the night (3 - 5 hours) but then back to 2 hour feeds. It does get tiring.

There is a lovely dietician/lactation consultant in Perth who does skype or phone consultants and assists with identifying food intolerances/allergies.

http://www.dieteticsandlactation.com.au/

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubbles10 For This Useful Post:

Melzey  (30-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Ezzabee, I'm sure it will.

Bubbles, thank you! The first stint at night is always the longest. So no matter how long that is (it varies) it seems that each sleep after that is less. I guess the thing that confuses me is that it was all ok until about three weeks ago. Which is why i think my milk isn't as plentiful as it should be. He was sleeping from 8-3, that was great. Then he picked back up a midnight feed, and it's just got worse from there. Last night he went to sleep at 7.30, he was up at 10.30, 11.45, 1.30, 3 and 5 and sadly, that's fairly typical for the last three weeks.. along with that he is feeding pretty much every hour during the day. My nipples are trashed!

I had a consult with Joy when he was about 13 weeks, thanks for the idea. She was great, but by the time I spoke with her, I had already figured out most of what she said. She did give me a few helpful tips though. I'm going to the dr today, so I can have him weighed again and see how much weight he has put on. That way at least I'll be able to figure out if it is that, if it's not much I'll have to think about what I'm going to do because I really can't keep up with feeding him at this rate. I have my three year old DD at home as well, and she doesn't have a day sleep so I never have a chance to catch up. I feel really broken and defeated. Sorry I'm a whinger, I know lots of people have it worse than me, i should just be grateful that he is seemingly healthy overall.
    Last edited by Melzey; 30-07-2012 at 09:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Insanity,

Mine was the same. I was totally surprised by it because she'd been so bad as a bub - but cheese, yoghurt, then milk all slowly introduced and no issue. My nephew was the same. Hideous until 12 months then no issue. Thank god!!

Woo hoo!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JoMatthews For This Useful Post:

insanity  (06-08-2012),Melzey  (30-07-2012)