+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Dull aches after a stressful day

Well yesterday was just more than I could handle! I'm litigator so I'm constantly working in a confrontational, obnoxious environment (thankfully not so much my office, but I deal all day with stressed out clients who are being sued and their opponents). The working day was a complete debarcle with numerous things going wrong. Immediately after that I was rostered on to do volunteer work which also turned out to be mayhem on that particular evening.

Very emotionally draining and very demanding. It was 13 hours non stop. I know a lot of you probably deal with 13 hour days every day but I'm used to about 5 hours less than that.

Anyway, when I was done I just felt on the verge of years, I was exhausted and I had a strong but dull ache in my abdominals that only went away when I laid down, and even then it felt weird. Not cramps, and no bleeding, but just aching. I'm 22 weeks. Is this normal?

Baby has been moving less today than yesterday so I'm worried that I've pushed things too far and hurt him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the same thing **hugs** I stressed my self to point if tears .... Then I started panicking because EVERYONE tells I stress isn't good for u or the baby! So then I would stress even more... I ended up With horrible pains all down my side...

I called my hospy they told me to
    Come Straight up... Put the monitor on bub and I where fine....

Go up and get checked over ... It will make u feel soooooo much better ... Calmer and the midis can give u stress techniques

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gilly83 For This Useful Post:

Sally1981  (19-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dont think you hurt baby at all, i just think he/she is resting with you. They also have less moving days after moving alot days. As long as you felt baba a few times during the day i would not worry too much. If you are very worried , i would have baby checked , you do have instincts for a reason. Being checked out has 2 positives, it gives you peace of mind and you get to rest for a while..lol

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zanne For This Useful Post:

Sally1981  (19-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks Ladies, he's moving around more today which is great, and it's been less stressful today as well. I don't know about instincts though, I feel like my instincts are completely out! I don't know if it's hormones or tiredness or what, but I'm just so paranoid. Even to the point where my husband drives off to work after dropping me off and I get this feeling that he's going to be in an accident. It takes all my self control not to call him to check he made it to work.

I'm getting really annoyed with myself!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's good hes moving around more now, I didn't think you'd hurt the baby and if you feel funny about him not moving around much you can always drink a glass of cold water and lay down or have a very warm drink, it tends to wake them up and make them more around more, it works for me so I can get some reassurance.

I get the same dull aches especially when very busy and stressed out, I think it happens because you're already lugging around some extra weight there and the harder your body works in any sense will emphasize the effects of that. If it gets very bad though I would see someone about it just incase